Gaming revenues rose in January
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s state-licensed casinos reported January revenues of $193.2 million, up about $8.3 million from December.
The January figures were released Monday by the Mississippi State Tax Commission.
Casinos along the Mississippi Gulf Coast won $91.2 million, up $7.7 million from December.
Casinos along the Mississippi River — including Tunica, Vicksburg and Natchez — won $101.9 million in December, up $560,000 from December.
Casino revenue, or “win,” is the net amount of money won from gamblers. It is not profit.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions