Gaming revenues rose in January
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s state-licensed casinos reported January revenues of $193.2 million, up about $8.3 million from December.
The January figures were released Monday by the Mississippi State Tax Commission.
Casinos along the Mississippi Gulf Coast won $91.2 million, up $7.7 million from December.
Casinos along the Mississippi River — including Tunica, Vicksburg and Natchez — won $101.9 million in December, up $560,000 from December.
Casino revenue, or “win,” is the net amount of money won from gamblers. It is not profit.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets