Southern AgCredit sets new record
FLOWOOD — Southern AgCredit is making a record patronage payment to its customer-owners based on its 2009 financial performance.
Southern AgCredit customers will soon receive a check for their portion of the co-op’s $2.5-million cash patronage, plus a statement detailing their portion of a $4.7-million allocation that is eligible for future cash distribution. The combined $7.2-million patronage is a record for Southern AgCredit.
Joe Hayman, Southern AgCredit CEO, said, “It is always a pleasure to distribute a patronage to our customers, but it is even more significant that we can give back a record level of patronage at a challenging time when there’s a lot of financial uncertainty.”
Southern AgCredit finances all aspects of agriculture and rural property, including loans to agribusinesses. The co-op has $619 million in total assets and provides rural financing in 50 counties in the lower half of Mississippi. It is part of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson