Southern AgCredit sets new record
FLOWOOD — Southern AgCredit is making a record patronage payment to its customer-owners based on its 2009 financial performance.
Southern AgCredit customers will soon receive a check for their portion of the co-op’s $2.5-million cash patronage, plus a statement detailing their portion of a $4.7-million allocation that is eligible for future cash distribution. The combined $7.2-million patronage is a record for Southern AgCredit.
Joe Hayman, Southern AgCredit CEO, said, “It is always a pleasure to distribute a patronage to our customers, but it is even more significant that we can give back a record level of patronage at a challenging time when there’s a lot of financial uncertainty.”
Southern AgCredit finances all aspects of agriculture and rural property, including loans to agribusinesses. The co-op has $619 million in total assets and provides rural financing in 50 counties in the lower half of Mississippi. It is part of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker