Southern AgCredit sets new record
FLOWOOD — Southern AgCredit is making a record patronage payment to its customer-owners based on its 2009 financial performance.
Southern AgCredit customers will soon receive a check for their portion of the co-op’s $2.5-million cash patronage, plus a statement detailing their portion of a $4.7-million allocation that is eligible for future cash distribution. The combined $7.2-million patronage is a record for Southern AgCredit.
Joe Hayman, Southern AgCredit CEO, said, “It is always a pleasure to distribute a patronage to our customers, but it is even more significant that we can give back a record level of patronage at a challenging time when there’s a lot of financial uncertainty.”
Southern AgCredit finances all aspects of agriculture and rural property, including loans to agribusinesses. The co-op has $619 million in total assets and provides rural financing in 50 counties in the lower half of Mississippi. It is part of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state