AT&T plans to add 60-plus cell sites
JACKSON — AT&T has unveiled its wireless network investment plans for 2010, which include the addition of more than 60 new cell sites and the upgrade of more than 200 additional cell sites to 3G throughout the state.
The planned wireless network enhancement strategy is part of AT&T’s 2010 wireline and wireless capital investment, which is expected to be in the $18-billion to $19-billion range companywide, an increase of between 5 and 10 percent over 2009.
This announcement builds on AT&T’s 2009 wireless investment, during which it added more than 40 new cell sites in Mississippi and upgraded more than 110 existing sites to 3G. From 2007 through 2009, AT&T’s total capital investment in its Mississippi wireless and wireline networks was more than $775 million. From 2007 through 2009, AT&T’s wireless network investment in Mississippi was more than $150 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot