AT&T plans to add 60-plus cell sites
by Wally Northway
Published: February 25,2010
JACKSON — AT&T has unveiled its wireless network investment plans for 2010, which include the addition of more than 60 new cell sites and the upgrade of more than 200 additional cell sites to 3G throughout the state.
The planned wireless network enhancement strategy is part of AT&T’s 2010 wireline and wireless capital investment, which is expected to be in the $18-billion to $19-billion range companywide, an increase of between 5 and 10 percent over 2009.
This announcement builds on AT&T’s 2009 wireless investment, during which it added more than 40 new cell sites in Mississippi and upgraded more than 110 existing sites to 3G. From 2007 through 2009, AT&T’s total capital investment in its Mississippi wireless and wireline networks was more than $775 million. From 2007 through 2009, AT&T’s wireless network investment in Mississippi was more than $150 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- The link between education and economic development