Baptist mulling new hospital
OXFORD — Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi is in talks with local officials about buying its way out of a lease so that it can build a new $200-million regional hospital in Oxford.
Baptist CEO Don Hutson tells the Oxford Eagle that several possible sites for the new hospital after being studied.
In August, Oxford, Lafayette County and Baptist officials agreed to discuss the selling the current 217-bed hospital to the Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. and to allow Baptist to buy its way out of a lease with the city and county, which currently own the hospital.
The current lease doesn’t expire until 2034.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)