Baptist mulling new hospital
OXFORD — Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi is in talks with local officials about buying its way out of a lease so that it can build a new $200-million regional hospital in Oxford.
Baptist CEO Don Hutson tells the Oxford Eagle that several possible sites for the new hospital after being studied.
In August, Oxford, Lafayette County and Baptist officials agreed to discuss the selling the current 217-bed hospital to the Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. and to allow Baptist to buy its way out of a lease with the city and county, which currently own the hospital.
The current lease doesn’t expire until 2034.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino