Baptist mulling new hospital
OXFORD — Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi is in talks with local officials about buying its way out of a lease so that it can build a new $200-million regional hospital in Oxford.
Baptist CEO Don Hutson tells the Oxford Eagle that several possible sites for the new hospital after being studied.
In August, Oxford, Lafayette County and Baptist officials agreed to discuss the selling the current 217-bed hospital to the Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. and to allow Baptist to buy its way out of a lease with the city and county, which currently own the hospital.
The current lease doesn’t expire until 2034.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month