Baptist mulling new hospital
OXFORD — Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi is in talks with local officials about buying its way out of a lease so that it can build a new $200-million regional hospital in Oxford.
Baptist CEO Don Hutson tells the Oxford Eagle that several possible sites for the new hospital after being studied.
In August, Oxford, Lafayette County and Baptist officials agreed to discuss the selling the current 217-bed hospital to the Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. and to allow Baptist to buy its way out of a lease with the city and county, which currently own the hospital.
The current lease doesn’t expire until 2034.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015