Baptist mulling new hospital
OXFORD — Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi is in talks with local officials about buying its way out of a lease so that it can build a new $200-million regional hospital in Oxford.
Baptist CEO Don Hutson tells the Oxford Eagle that several possible sites for the new hospital after being studied.
In August, Oxford, Lafayette County and Baptist officials agreed to discuss the selling the current 217-bed hospital to the Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. and to allow Baptist to buy its way out of a lease with the city and county, which currently own the hospital.
The current lease doesn’t expire until 2034.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge