Commission approves site for casino
by Associated Press
Published: February 25,2010
D’IBERVILLE — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has approved the site for the proposed Can Can Casino in D’Iberville.
The five-acre site is east of Interstate 110 and on the Back Bay. The resort will have a 60,000-square-foot casino with 1,800 slots and 40 table games, four restaurants, a French spa, 250 hotel rooms and suites and two retail outlets. It is expected to create 1,100 jobs.
City officials have worked with developers for more than a dozen years to bring a casino to D’Iberville.
With site approval, developers Joseph Manno and Joseph Py can move ahead to secure financing to build the casino.
Gaming Commission approval came yesterday at its meeting in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Commission approves site for casino”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- Navy supercomputing power to grow
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release