Commission approves site for casino
Published: February 25,2010
D’IBERVILLE — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has approved the site for the proposed Can Can Casino in D’Iberville.
The five-acre site is east of Interstate 110 and on the Back Bay. The resort will have a 60,000-square-foot casino with 1,800 slots and 40 table games, four restaurants, a French spa, 250 hotel rooms and suites and two retail outlets. It is expected to create 1,100 jobs.
City officials have worked with developers for more than a dozen years to bring a casino to D’Iberville.
With site approval, developers Joseph Manno and Joseph Py can move ahead to secure financing to build the casino.
Gaming Commission approval came yesterday at its meeting in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Commission approves site for casino”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics