Commission approves site for casino
Published: February 25,2010
D’IBERVILLE — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has approved the site for the proposed Can Can Casino in D’Iberville.
The five-acre site is east of Interstate 110 and on the Back Bay. The resort will have a 60,000-square-foot casino with 1,800 slots and 40 table games, four restaurants, a French spa, 250 hotel rooms and suites and two retail outlets. It is expected to create 1,100 jobs.
City officials have worked with developers for more than a dozen years to bring a casino to D’Iberville.
With site approval, developers Joseph Manno and Joseph Py can move ahead to secure financing to build the casino.
Gaming Commission approval came yesterday at its meeting in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Commission approves site for casino”
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues
- State's casinos took in more winnings in October