Commission approves site for casino
by Associated Press
Published: February 25,2010
D’IBERVILLE — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has approved the site for the proposed Can Can Casino in D’Iberville.
The five-acre site is east of Interstate 110 and on the Back Bay. The resort will have a 60,000-square-foot casino with 1,800 slots and 40 table games, four restaurants, a French spa, 250 hotel rooms and suites and two retail outlets. It is expected to create 1,100 jobs.
City officials have worked with developers for more than a dozen years to bring a casino to D’Iberville.
With site approval, developers Joseph Manno and Joseph Py can move ahead to secure financing to build the casino.
Gaming Commission approval came yesterday at its meeting in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Commission approves site for casino”
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery