Commission approves site for casino
Published: February 25,2010
D’IBERVILLE — The Mississippi Gaming Commission has approved the site for the proposed Can Can Casino in D’Iberville.
The five-acre site is east of Interstate 110 and on the Back Bay. The resort will have a 60,000-square-foot casino with 1,800 slots and 40 table games, four restaurants, a French spa, 250 hotel rooms and suites and two retail outlets. It is expected to create 1,100 jobs.
City officials have worked with developers for more than a dozen years to bring a casino to D’Iberville.
With site approval, developers Joseph Manno and Joseph Py can move ahead to secure financing to build the casino.
Gaming Commission approval came yesterday at its meeting in Jackson.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Commission approves site for casino”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case