Ex-city clerk charged with stealing
SARDIS — State Auditor Stacey Pickering says the former city clerk for Sardis has been indicted on an embezzlement charge.
Pickering says Odessa Johnson was employed with the city from Sept. 2001 through June 2009. She was indicted by the Panola County grand jury and arrested earlier this month.
Pickering says Johnson is accused of embezzling $28,033 by allegedly taking funds from various city collection funds and by using the city’s credit card for personal use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal