Ex-city clerk charged with stealing
SARDIS — State Auditor Stacey Pickering says the former city clerk for Sardis has been indicted on an embezzlement charge.
Pickering says Odessa Johnson was employed with the city from Sept. 2001 through June 2009. She was indicted by the Panola County grand jury and arrested earlier this month.
Pickering says Johnson is accused of embezzling $28,033 by allegedly taking funds from various city collection funds and by using the city’s credit card for personal use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that