Ex-city clerk charged with stealing
SARDIS — State Auditor Stacey Pickering says the former city clerk for Sardis has been indicted on an embezzlement charge.
Pickering says Odessa Johnson was employed with the city from Sept. 2001 through June 2009. She was indicted by the Panola County grand jury and arrested earlier this month.
Pickering says Johnson is accused of embezzling $28,033 by allegedly taking funds from various city collection funds and by using the city’s credit card for personal use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location