Ex-city clerk charged with stealing
SARDIS — State Auditor Stacey Pickering says the former city clerk for Sardis has been indicted on an embezzlement charge.
Pickering says Odessa Johnson was employed with the city from Sept. 2001 through June 2009. She was indicted by the Panola County grand jury and arrested earlier this month.
Pickering says Johnson is accused of embezzling $28,033 by allegedly taking funds from various city collection funds and by using the city’s credit card for personal use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years