Ex-city clerk charged with stealing
SARDIS — State Auditor Stacey Pickering says the former city clerk for Sardis has been indicted on an embezzlement charge.
Pickering says Odessa Johnson was employed with the city from Sept. 2001 through June 2009. She was indicted by the Panola County grand jury and arrested earlier this month.
Pickering says Johnson is accused of embezzling $28,033 by allegedly taking funds from various city collection funds and by using the city’s credit card for personal use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain