AGO mourns Maris’ death
The employees of the Office of the Attorney General are mourning the loss of Assistant Attorney General Charlie Maris, director of the Criminal Division for the Attorney Generals Office, who passed away Feb. 18 following complications from a medical procedure at Baptist Hospital.
Maris went to work for the Attorney Generals Office straight out of law school in 1980. He worked in the criminal division his entire career, heading the Criminal Appellate Section by 1985 and taking over as director of the Criminal Division in 2004. He would have celebrated his 30th anniversary with the agency this year.
Maris, 52, is survived by his wife, Stacy, his son, Will, a student at Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State