AGO mourns Maris’ death
The employees of the Office of the Attorney General are mourning the loss of Assistant Attorney General Charlie Maris, director of the Criminal Division for the Attorney Generals Office, who passed away Feb. 18 following complications from a medical procedure at Baptist Hospital.
Maris went to work for the Attorney Generals Office straight out of law school in 1980. He worked in the criminal division his entire career, heading the Criminal Appellate Section by 1985 and taking over as director of the Criminal Division in 2004. He would have celebrated his 30th anniversary with the agency this year.
Maris, 52, is survived by his wife, Stacy, his son, Will, a student at Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center