AGO mourns Maris’ death
The employees of the Office of the Attorney General are mourning the loss of Assistant Attorney General Charlie Maris, director of the Criminal Division for the Attorney Generals Office, who passed away Feb. 18 following complications from a medical procedure at Baptist Hospital.
Maris went to work for the Attorney Generals Office straight out of law school in 1980. He worked in the criminal division his entire career, heading the Criminal Appellate Section by 1985 and taking over as director of the Criminal Division in 2004. He would have celebrated his 30th anniversary with the agency this year.
Maris, 52, is survived by his wife, Stacy, his son, Will, a student at Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects