AGO mourns Maris’ death
The employees of the Office of the Attorney General are mourning the loss of Assistant Attorney General Charlie Maris, director of the Criminal Division for the Attorney Generals Office, who passed away Feb. 18 following complications from a medical procedure at Baptist Hospital.
Maris went to work for the Attorney Generals Office straight out of law school in 1980. He worked in the criminal division his entire career, heading the Criminal Appellate Section by 1985 and taking over as director of the Criminal Division in 2004. He would have celebrated his 30th anniversary with the agency this year.
Maris, 52, is survived by his wife, Stacy, his son, Will, a student at Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces