AGO mourns Maris’ death
The employees of the Office of the Attorney General are mourning the loss of Assistant Attorney General Charlie Maris, director of the Criminal Division for the Attorney Generals Office, who passed away Feb. 18 following complications from a medical procedure at Baptist Hospital.
Maris went to work for the Attorney Generals Office straight out of law school in 1980. He worked in the criminal division his entire career, heading the Criminal Appellate Section by 1985 and taking over as director of the Criminal Division in 2004. He would have celebrated his 30th anniversary with the agency this year.
Maris, 52, is survived by his wife, Stacy, his son, Will, a student at Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation