Covington elevated to division director
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Bob Covington has been named director of the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Minority and Small Business Development Division (MSBDD). Covington has served MDA as the business development and trade manager for MSBDD for five years. Since joining the MDA team in 2004, Covington has played an integral role in the development of numerous MSBDD programs, including the development of a business database network designed to simplify communication and provide improved access to businesses assisted by the MSBDD, the development of a Standard Operating Procedures manual for the division and the development and implementation of the Model Contractor Development Program (MCDP) in Mississippi. Covington also brings to his new position at MDA prior experience in the automotive and commercial supply industries, where he worked for major automotive suppliers such as UT Automotive, Lear, Autocam Corporation and Remy Inc. Additionally, Covington provided leadership in the development of strategic sourcing initiatives in corporate procurement.
Covington is certified by the National Development Council as an economic development finance professional, and he is a member of the Mississippi Economic Council and the Mississippi Economic Development Council.
A graduate of Mississippi State University where he received his bachelor’s degree and an MBA, Covington resides in Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Covington elevated to division director”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions