Covington elevated to division director
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Bob Covington has been named director of the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Minority and Small Business Development Division (MSBDD). Covington has served MDA as the business development and trade manager for MSBDD for five years. Since joining the MDA team in 2004, Covington has played an integral role in the development of numerous MSBDD programs, including the development of a business database network designed to simplify communication and provide improved access to businesses assisted by the MSBDD, the development of a Standard Operating Procedures manual for the division and the development and implementation of the Model Contractor Development Program (MCDP) in Mississippi. Covington also brings to his new position at MDA prior experience in the automotive and commercial supply industries, where he worked for major automotive suppliers such as UT Automotive, Lear, Autocam Corporation and Remy Inc. Additionally, Covington provided leadership in the development of strategic sourcing initiatives in corporate procurement.
Covington is certified by the National Development Council as an economic development finance professional, and he is a member of the Mississippi Economic Council and the Mississippi Economic Development Council.
A graduate of Mississippi State University where he received his bachelor’s degree and an MBA, Covington resides in Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Covington elevated to division director”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term