Covington elevated to division director
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Bob Covington has been named director of the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Minority and Small Business Development Division (MSBDD). Covington has served MDA as the business development and trade manager for MSBDD for five years. Since joining the MDA team in 2004, Covington has played an integral role in the development of numerous MSBDD programs, including the development of a business database network designed to simplify communication and provide improved access to businesses assisted by the MSBDD, the development of a Standard Operating Procedures manual for the division and the development and implementation of the Model Contractor Development Program (MCDP) in Mississippi. Covington also brings to his new position at MDA prior experience in the automotive and commercial supply industries, where he worked for major automotive suppliers such as UT Automotive, Lear, Autocam Corporation and Remy Inc. Additionally, Covington provided leadership in the development of strategic sourcing initiatives in corporate procurement.
Covington is certified by the National Development Council as an economic development finance professional, and he is a member of the Mississippi Economic Council and the Mississippi Economic Development Council.
A graduate of Mississippi State University where he received his bachelor’s degree and an MBA, Covington resides in Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Covington elevated to division director”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money