MSH honors outstanding workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Mississippi State Hospital (MSH) recently honored employees with February anniversary dates for their years of service. Duncan Stone, D.M.D., of Brandon was recognized for providing 20 years of service. Stone is the chief of the medical staff.
Patricia Smith of Florence was recognized for providing 30 years of service. Smith, a lifelong Florence resident, is a social worker.
Martha McSherry was recognized for providing 25 years of service. McSherry, a Crystal Springs native, is a pharmacist. She has a bachelor of science in pharmacy from the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
Douglas Johnson of Yazoo City was recognized for providing 20 years of service. Johnson, a Chicago, Ill., native, is a mental health technician.
MSH also announced its 2010 Employees of the Month for February. Clara Burrell of Pearl has been named Employee of the Month for Direct Care Services at Jaquith Nursing Home, (JNH) located on the Mississippi State Hospital (MSH) campus. Burrell, a Pearson native, is a certified nursing assistant at JNH and has been employed at the nursing home for eight years.
Tammy Kopesky of Brandon has been named Employee of the Month for Support Services. Kopesky, a Pelahatchie native, is a health records clerk and has been employed at MSH for approximately 11 years.
Dornette Thompson of Pearl has been named Employee of the Month for Licensed Clinical Services. Thompson, a Pearl native, is a social worker and has been employed at MSH for one year. She has a bachelor of social work from Jackson State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money