Patterson gets Roundtable seat
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Aubrey Patterson, chairman and CEO of BancorpSouth, has been named to the board of directors of The Financial Services Roundtable. Patterson joins 10 other banking executives from throughout the nation named to the board.
The Financial Services Roundtable represents 100 of the largest integrated financial services companies providing banking, insurance, and investment products and services to the American consumer. Member companies participate through the Roundtable’s CEO David Bartlett and other senior executives nominated by him.
Patterson’s 36-year career with the BancorpSouth includes service as president and COO from 1983 to 1990, and as chairman and CEO from 1990 to the present.
Patterson is a graduate of the University of Mississippi and holds a masters degree from Michigan State University. He has completed the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin and is a member of several professional organizations, including Beta Gamma Sigma and Beta Alpha Psi honoraries.
He is a decorated veteran of the United States Air Force, having received the National Defense Service Medal, the Air Force Commendation Medal, and the Department of Defense Meritorious Service Medal. He has served as president of the Mississippi Bankers Association and as chairman of the American Bankers Association. He has served as chairman of the board of directors of numerous local and regional organizations, including the Tupelo Community Development Foundation, North Mississippi Health Services, the Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi’s Partnership for Economic Development, the University of Mississippi Foundation, CREATE Inc., among others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability