Putt selected as new leader at UHHC
David Putt has been appointed CEO of University Hospitals and Health System at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC).
A retired Naval officer, Putt joined UMMC in 1995. He earned a certificate as a radiologic technologist, an associate degree at George Washington University, a B.S. at the State University of New York and a master’s in public administration, health services management, at Golden Gate University in San Francisco.
Putt served as chief operating officer of UHHS beginning July 2006 and was appointed interim CEO in Aug. 2008. He said it was a privilege for him to continue the work of strengthening the center’s clinical enterprise.
“The success of our clinical mission is critical to our ability to fulfill our overall commitment to educating health professionals, expanding medical knowledge through research, and providing the very best medical care to our community and state,” Putt said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference