Putt selected as new leader at UHHC
David Putt has been appointed CEO of University Hospitals and Health System at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC).
A retired Naval officer, Putt joined UMMC in 1995. He earned a certificate as a radiologic technologist, an associate degree at George Washington University, a B.S. at the State University of New York and a master’s in public administration, health services management, at Golden Gate University in San Francisco.
Putt served as chief operating officer of UHHS beginning July 2006 and was appointed interim CEO in Aug. 2008. He said it was a privilege for him to continue the work of strengthening the center’s clinical enterprise.
“The success of our clinical mission is critical to our ability to fulfill our overall commitment to educating health professionals, expanding medical knowledge through research, and providing the very best medical care to our community and state,” Putt said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90