Putt selected as new leader at UHHC
David Putt has been appointed CEO of University Hospitals and Health System at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC).
A retired Naval officer, Putt joined UMMC in 1995. He earned a certificate as a radiologic technologist, an associate degree at George Washington University, a B.S. at the State University of New York and a master’s in public administration, health services management, at Golden Gate University in San Francisco.
Putt served as chief operating officer of UHHS beginning July 2006 and was appointed interim CEO in Aug. 2008. He said it was a privilege for him to continue the work of strengthening the center’s clinical enterprise.
“The success of our clinical mission is critical to our ability to fulfill our overall commitment to educating health professionals, expanding medical knowledge through research, and providing the very best medical care to our community and state,” Putt said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ford F-150s roll into Mississippi, ahead of the pickup pack
- Mississippi poultry industry's hub system behind today's success
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- UNFOLDING OF A RESCUE — How Sanderson Farms saved Mississippi's PGA tour event
- Baptist Hospital approved for facilities
- FBI asks agencies to watch Memphis, Tenn., bridges
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- MBJ Business Person of the Year: Joe Sanderson Jr.
- Report: Mississippi ranks second in U.S. in charitable giving