Steevens promoted at ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Dr. Jeffery Steevens, a researcher in the Environmental Laboratory (EL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, was recently selected as a biotechnology senior research scientist. Steevens joined ERDC in 1999 as a research toxicologist on the Ecotoxicology and Environmental Risk Assessment Team. He most recently served as the leader of that team, a position he has held since 2003.
A Columbia, Mo., native, Steevens has a bachelor’s in biochemistry from the University of Missouri, with a minor in geology through the University of Wyoming, where he completed his research thesis studying the effects of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on the fish nervous system. He went on to earn a doctorate in pharmacology and toxicology from The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. He is currently an adjunct professor at both the University of Missouri and The University of Mississippi.
Steevens and his wife, Emmy, have two children, Ren and Sarah.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics