Steevens promoted at ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Dr. Jeffery Steevens, a researcher in the Environmental Laboratory (EL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, was recently selected as a biotechnology senior research scientist. Steevens joined ERDC in 1999 as a research toxicologist on the Ecotoxicology and Environmental Risk Assessment Team. He most recently served as the leader of that team, a position he has held since 2003.
A Columbia, Mo., native, Steevens has a bachelor’s in biochemistry from the University of Missouri, with a minor in geology through the University of Wyoming, where he completed his research thesis studying the effects of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on the fish nervous system. He went on to earn a doctorate in pharmacology and toxicology from The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. He is currently an adjunct professor at both the University of Missouri and The University of Mississippi.
Steevens and his wife, Emmy, have two children, Ren and Sarah.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'