Steevens promoted at ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Dr. Jeffery Steevens, a researcher in the Environmental Laboratory (EL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, was recently selected as a biotechnology senior research scientist. Steevens joined ERDC in 1999 as a research toxicologist on the Ecotoxicology and Environmental Risk Assessment Team. He most recently served as the leader of that team, a position he has held since 2003.
A Columbia, Mo., native, Steevens has a bachelor’s in biochemistry from the University of Missouri, with a minor in geology through the University of Wyoming, where he completed his research thesis studying the effects of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on the fish nervous system. He went on to earn a doctorate in pharmacology and toxicology from The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. He is currently an adjunct professor at both the University of Missouri and The University of Mississippi.
Steevens and his wife, Emmy, have two children, Ren and Sarah.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange