Steevens promoted at ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Dr. Jeffery Steevens, a researcher in the Environmental Laboratory (EL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, was recently selected as a biotechnology senior research scientist. Steevens joined ERDC in 1999 as a research toxicologist on the Ecotoxicology and Environmental Risk Assessment Team. He most recently served as the leader of that team, a position he has held since 2003.
A Columbia, Mo., native, Steevens has a bachelor’s in biochemistry from the University of Missouri, with a minor in geology through the University of Wyoming, where he completed his research thesis studying the effects of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on the fish nervous system. He went on to earn a doctorate in pharmacology and toxicology from The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. He is currently an adjunct professor at both the University of Missouri and The University of Mississippi.
Steevens and his wife, Emmy, have two children, Ren and Sarah.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion