Steevens promoted at ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Dr. Jeffery Steevens, a researcher in the Environmental Laboratory (EL) at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, was recently selected as a biotechnology senior research scientist. Steevens joined ERDC in 1999 as a research toxicologist on the Ecotoxicology and Environmental Risk Assessment Team. He most recently served as the leader of that team, a position he has held since 2003.
A Columbia, Mo., native, Steevens has a bachelor’s in biochemistry from the University of Missouri, with a minor in geology through the University of Wyoming, where he completed his research thesis studying the effects of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on the fish nervous system. He went on to earn a doctorate in pharmacology and toxicology from The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. He is currently an adjunct professor at both the University of Missouri and The University of Mississippi.
Steevens and his wife, Emmy, have two children, Ren and Sarah.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet