Studio adds three new staffers
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Southern Growth Studio announced the hiring of three new employees. Joey Barker has been hired as an account manager/copywriter. Barker’s responsibilities will include managing client relationships, overseeing competitive research and writing promotional copy. He will also develop social media strategies for clients. Prior to joining Southern Growth Studio, Barker was a marketing coordinator/copywriter at COMP Performance Group and worked as an intern for the Studio before graduating from the University of Mississippi in 2008. While at Ole Miss, Barker was also a campaign manager of an outsourced AT&T/DirecTV sales organization in the greater Birmingham, Ala., area in 2007 and won the 2008 Best Creative Award for one of the university’s biannual advertising competitions.
Albert Scovel has been hired as a market analyst. Scovel’s responsibilities include overseeing the collection and analysis of market and pricing data to evaluate existing and potential product and service markets for Studio clients. Scovel’s previous work experience includes serving as lead cost analyst at Thompson Engineering and as an operations coordinator at KBR, where he led data collection and analysis efforts for the project management division. Scovel is a 2006 graduate of the University of Mississippi with a degree in Economics. As an Ole Miss student, Scovel served as opinion editor for the Daily Mississippian and president of the Ole Miss Economics Society.
Apryl Childs-Potter joins the Studio team as an account manager/strategist. Her role includes managing client relationships, conducting ethnographic research and overseeing public relations for the Studio and its clients. Prior to joining Southern Growth Studio, Childs-Potter worked as a senior marketing specialist at Medtronic. In addition, she spent six years working on business-to-business and consumer brands including Terminix, Smith & Nephew, Murphy’s Oil Soap, First Tennessee and Cellular South at various marketing agencies in the Mid-South. She is a 2005 graduate of the Leadership Academy’s Fellow’s program and has served on the board of directors for two area non-profit organizations. Childs-Potter is a 2003 graduate of the University of Mississippi with a degree in journalism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal