USM faculty make headlines
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
Two University of Southern Mississippi faculty members are in the news. Dr. Hani Morgan, assistant professor in the University of Southern Mississippi Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Special Education, recently had a paper published in the journal Educational Horizons titled “Improving schooling for cultural minorities: The right teaching styles can make a big difference.”
Morgan’s areas of research and interest include: social foundations of education; international education; curriculum and teaching; multicultural education; curriculum and teaching; social foundations of education; and, social studies education.
Dr. C. Michael Wittmann, associate professor of marketing, has been selected as one of three recipients of the 2010 Hormel Teaching Excellence Award. With that honor comes an opportunity to vie for the distinction as Hormel Master Marketing Teacher for 2010 during the 8th-annual Marketing Management Association Teaching Awards Competition sponsored by Hormel Foods.
Wittmann earned his bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southern Miss in 1994 before obtaining a master of business administration degree at the University of Alabama in 1996. He completed doctoral requirements at Texas Tech University in 2001.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history