Wilkins earns board certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
The American Board of Vascular Medicine recently designated Southern Heart Center physician Robert G. Wilkins, M.D., F.A.C.C., a board certified diplomat of vascular and endovascular medicine. Wilkins is a partner of Southern Heart Center, a service of Hattiesburg Clinic, and has practiced cardiovascular medicine, interventional cardiology and peripheral and vascular disease medicine at Forrest General hospital since 1995. He is the founder and director of the Southern Heart Center’s P.A.D. treatment team.
In addition to holding board certifications in vascular and endovascular medicine, Wilkins is certified in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Wilkins holds an undergraduate degree from Millsaps College and a medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport, La. He completed an internal medicine residency at LSU’s Medical Center, obtaining board certification in internal medicine.
Wilkins completed fellowships in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing