Wilkins earns board certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
The American Board of Vascular Medicine recently designated Southern Heart Center physician Robert G. Wilkins, M.D., F.A.C.C., a board certified diplomat of vascular and endovascular medicine. Wilkins is a partner of Southern Heart Center, a service of Hattiesburg Clinic, and has practiced cardiovascular medicine, interventional cardiology and peripheral and vascular disease medicine at Forrest General hospital since 1995. He is the founder and director of the Southern Heart Center’s P.A.D. treatment team.
In addition to holding board certifications in vascular and endovascular medicine, Wilkins is certified in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Wilkins holds an undergraduate degree from Millsaps College and a medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport, La. He completed an internal medicine residency at LSU’s Medical Center, obtaining board certification in internal medicine.
Wilkins completed fellowships in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form