Wilkins earns board certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
The American Board of Vascular Medicine recently designated Southern Heart Center physician Robert G. Wilkins, M.D., F.A.C.C., a board certified diplomat of vascular and endovascular medicine. Wilkins is a partner of Southern Heart Center, a service of Hattiesburg Clinic, and has practiced cardiovascular medicine, interventional cardiology and peripheral and vascular disease medicine at Forrest General hospital since 1995. He is the founder and director of the Southern Heart Center’s P.A.D. treatment team.
In addition to holding board certifications in vascular and endovascular medicine, Wilkins is certified in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Wilkins holds an undergraduate degree from Millsaps College and a medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport, La. He completed an internal medicine residency at LSU’s Medical Center, obtaining board certification in internal medicine.
Wilkins completed fellowships in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line