Wilkins earns board certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
The American Board of Vascular Medicine recently designated Southern Heart Center physician Robert G. Wilkins, M.D., F.A.C.C., a board certified diplomat of vascular and endovascular medicine. Wilkins is a partner of Southern Heart Center, a service of Hattiesburg Clinic, and has practiced cardiovascular medicine, interventional cardiology and peripheral and vascular disease medicine at Forrest General hospital since 1995. He is the founder and director of the Southern Heart Center’s P.A.D. treatment team.
In addition to holding board certifications in vascular and endovascular medicine, Wilkins is certified in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Wilkins holds an undergraduate degree from Millsaps College and a medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport, La. He completed an internal medicine residency at LSU’s Medical Center, obtaining board certification in internal medicine.
Wilkins completed fellowships in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium