Wilkins earns board certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 28,2010
The American Board of Vascular Medicine recently designated Southern Heart Center physician Robert G. Wilkins, M.D., F.A.C.C., a board certified diplomat of vascular and endovascular medicine. Wilkins is a partner of Southern Heart Center, a service of Hattiesburg Clinic, and has practiced cardiovascular medicine, interventional cardiology and peripheral and vascular disease medicine at Forrest General hospital since 1995. He is the founder and director of the Southern Heart Center’s P.A.D. treatment team.
In addition to holding board certifications in vascular and endovascular medicine, Wilkins is certified in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Wilkins holds an undergraduate degree from Millsaps College and a medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport, La. He completed an internal medicine residency at LSU’s Medical Center, obtaining board certification in internal medicine.
Wilkins completed fellowships in cardiovascular diseases and interventional cardiology at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez