Kroger pulls product from shelves
Published: March 1,2010
CINCINNATI — The Kroger Co. is recalling Kroger Onion Soup & Dip Mix and Kroger Beefy Onion Soup & Dip Mix sold in some of its retail stores because the company has been made aware by a supplier that an ingredient in the product may have been contaminated with salmonella.
Stores under the following names are included in this recall: Kroger, Dillons, Fry’s, King Soopers, City Market, Smith’s, Food 4 Less, Jay C, Scott’s, Owen’s, Baker’s, Gerbes, Hilander and Pay Less.
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the Kroger products.
Kroger is recalling the following items:
- Kroger Onion Soup & Dip Mix sold in 2-ounce packages with sell-by dates from JAN 06 11 through FEB 17 11 under the following UPC code: 0001111073293
- Kroger Beefy Onion Soup & Dip Mix sold in 2.2-ounce packages with sell-by dates from DEC 28 10 through FEB 23 11 under the following UPC code: 0001111073929
The recalled items were sold in Kroger stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia; Dillons and Gerbes stores in Kansas and Missouri; Fry’s stores in Arizona; King Soopers and City Market stores in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming; Smith’s stores in Arizona, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming; Baker’s stores in Nebraska; and Food 4 Less, Hilander, Jay C, Owen’s, Pay Less and Scott’s stores in Illinois and Indiana.
Customers who have purchased the above products should not consume them and should return them to a store for a full refund or replacement.
Consumers who have questions about this recall may contact Kroger toll-free at (800) 632-6900. For more information, please visit www.kroger.com/recalls.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer