Kroger pulls product from shelves
Published: March 1,2010
CINCINNATI — The Kroger Co. is recalling Kroger Onion Soup & Dip Mix and Kroger Beefy Onion Soup & Dip Mix sold in some of its retail stores because the company has been made aware by a supplier that an ingredient in the product may have been contaminated with salmonella.
Stores under the following names are included in this recall: Kroger, Dillons, Fry’s, King Soopers, City Market, Smith’s, Food 4 Less, Jay C, Scott’s, Owen’s, Baker’s, Gerbes, Hilander and Pay Less.
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the Kroger products.
Kroger is recalling the following items:
- Kroger Onion Soup & Dip Mix sold in 2-ounce packages with sell-by dates from JAN 06 11 through FEB 17 11 under the following UPC code: 0001111073293
- Kroger Beefy Onion Soup & Dip Mix sold in 2.2-ounce packages with sell-by dates from DEC 28 10 through FEB 23 11 under the following UPC code: 0001111073929
The recalled items were sold in Kroger stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia; Dillons and Gerbes stores in Kansas and Missouri; Fry’s stores in Arizona; King Soopers and City Market stores in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming; Smith’s stores in Arizona, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming; Baker’s stores in Nebraska; and Food 4 Less, Hilander, Jay C, Owen’s, Pay Less and Scott’s stores in Illinois and Indiana.
Customers who have purchased the above products should not consume them and should return them to a store for a full refund or replacement.
Consumers who have questions about this recall may contact Kroger toll-free at (800) 632-6900. For more information, please visit www.kroger.com/recalls.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss