Kroger pulls product from shelves
Published: March 1,2010
CINCINNATI — The Kroger Co. is recalling Kroger Onion Soup & Dip Mix and Kroger Beefy Onion Soup & Dip Mix sold in some of its retail stores because the company has been made aware by a supplier that an ingredient in the product may have been contaminated with salmonella.
Stores under the following names are included in this recall: Kroger, Dillons, Fry’s, King Soopers, City Market, Smith’s, Food 4 Less, Jay C, Scott’s, Owen’s, Baker’s, Gerbes, Hilander and Pay Less.
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the Kroger products.
Kroger is recalling the following items:
- Kroger Onion Soup & Dip Mix sold in 2-ounce packages with sell-by dates from JAN 06 11 through FEB 17 11 under the following UPC code: 0001111073293
- Kroger Beefy Onion Soup & Dip Mix sold in 2.2-ounce packages with sell-by dates from DEC 28 10 through FEB 23 11 under the following UPC code: 0001111073929
The recalled items were sold in Kroger stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia; Dillons and Gerbes stores in Kansas and Missouri; Fry’s stores in Arizona; King Soopers and City Market stores in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming; Smith’s stores in Arizona, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming; Baker’s stores in Nebraska; and Food 4 Less, Hilander, Jay C, Owen’s, Pay Less and Scott’s stores in Illinois and Indiana.
Customers who have purchased the above products should not consume them and should return them to a store for a full refund or replacement.
Consumers who have questions about this recall may contact Kroger toll-free at (800) 632-6900. For more information, please visit www.kroger.com/recalls.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit