River Oaks makes ‘temporary’ staff changes
JACKSON — Officials at River Oaks Hospital have announced staff changes that employees say has meant layoffs of about 30 people.
Employees told WAPT-TV that the layoffs happened Friday, mainly to administration and clerical staff.
Hospital spokeswoman Yancy C. Ammons says the number of employees has not been determined.
She said in a statement that after a thorough evaluation, “we have made some staff changes pertaining to the hospital’s operations.”
Another spokeswoman, Shannon W. McLaughlin, characterized the staff changes as “temporary” in nature.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete