River Oaks makes ‘temporary’ staff changes
JACKSON — Officials at River Oaks Hospital have announced staff changes that employees say has meant layoffs of about 30 people.
Employees told WAPT-TV that the layoffs happened Friday, mainly to administration and clerical staff.
Hospital spokeswoman Yancy C. Ammons says the number of employees has not been determined.
She said in a statement that after a thorough evaluation, “we have made some staff changes pertaining to the hospital’s operations.”
Another spokeswoman, Shannon W. McLaughlin, characterized the staff changes as “temporary” in nature.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president