Delta city owes IRS big tax check
METCALFE — Metcalfe Mayor Corey Holmes says the city has not remitted taxes to the government and now the Internal Revenue Service wants $200,000.
Metcalfe and city attorney Bennie L. Richard say the money comes from federal income taxes the town failed to pay over a 10-year period. The taxes are from the withholdings of municipal employees.
Holmes and Richard say there are also five years of audits missing. Holmes and Richard said the town has contacted the state auditor’s office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports