Delta city owes IRS big tax check
METCALFE — Metcalfe Mayor Corey Holmes says the city has not remitted taxes to the government and now the Internal Revenue Service wants $200,000.
Metcalfe and city attorney Bennie L. Richard say the money comes from federal income taxes the town failed to pay over a 10-year period. The taxes are from the withholdings of municipal employees.
Holmes and Richard say there are also five years of audits missing. Holmes and Richard said the town has contacted the state auditor’s office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county