Delta city owes IRS big tax check
METCALFE — Metcalfe Mayor Corey Holmes says the city has not remitted taxes to the government and now the Internal Revenue Service wants $200,000.
Metcalfe and city attorney Bennie L. Richard say the money comes from federal income taxes the town failed to pay over a 10-year period. The taxes are from the withholdings of municipal employees.
Holmes and Richard say there are also five years of audits missing. Holmes and Richard said the town has contacted the state auditor’s office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics