Delta city owes IRS big tax check
METCALFE — Metcalfe Mayor Corey Holmes says the city has not remitted taxes to the government and now the Internal Revenue Service wants $200,000.
Metcalfe and city attorney Bennie L. Richard say the money comes from federal income taxes the town failed to pay over a 10-year period. The taxes are from the withholdings of municipal employees.
Holmes and Richard say there are also five years of audits missing. Holmes and Richard said the town has contacted the state auditor’s office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts