Stuart unveils Country Music Trail
Published: March 2,2010
TUPELO — Musician Marty Stuart wants the world to know all about Mississippi’s contribution to county music, and he thinks as series of markers similar to the Mississippi Blues Trail is the way to spread the word.
Stuart officially announced the creation of the Mississippi Country Music Trail March 1 during the annual Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Tupelo, where a marker will be placed in Elvis Presley’s birthplace.
The trail will have 30 markers. The Mississippi Blues Trail has more than 100 markers in Mississippi and four other states.
The markers feature a variety of country music artists, including Jimmie Rodgers, Charley Pride, Conway Twitty, Jerry Clower, Faith Hill, Tammy Wynette, Mac McAnally and Stuart, the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November