Stuart unveils Country Music Trail
by Associated Press
Published: March 2,2010
TUPELO — Musician Marty Stuart wants the world to know all about Mississippi’s contribution to county music, and he thinks as series of markers similar to the Mississippi Blues Trail is the way to spread the word.
Stuart officially announced the creation of the Mississippi Country Music Trail March 1 during the annual Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Tupelo, where a marker will be placed in Elvis Presley’s birthplace.
The trail will have 30 markers. The Mississippi Blues Trail has more than 100 markers in Mississippi and four other states.
The markers feature a variety of country music artists, including Jimmie Rodgers, Charley Pride, Conway Twitty, Jerry Clower, Faith Hill, Tammy Wynette, Mac McAnally and Stuart, the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State