Stuart unveils Country Music Trail
Published: March 2,2010
TUPELO — Musician Marty Stuart wants the world to know all about Mississippi’s contribution to county music, and he thinks as series of markers similar to the Mississippi Blues Trail is the way to spread the word.
Stuart officially announced the creation of the Mississippi Country Music Trail March 1 during the annual Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Tupelo, where a marker will be placed in Elvis Presley’s birthplace.
The trail will have 30 markers. The Mississippi Blues Trail has more than 100 markers in Mississippi and four other states.
The markers feature a variety of country music artists, including Jimmie Rodgers, Charley Pride, Conway Twitty, Jerry Clower, Faith Hill, Tammy Wynette, Mac McAnally and Stuart, the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company