Stuart unveils Country Music Trail
Published: March 2,2010
TUPELO — Musician Marty Stuart wants the world to know all about Mississippi’s contribution to county music, and he thinks as series of markers similar to the Mississippi Blues Trail is the way to spread the word.
Stuart officially announced the creation of the Mississippi Country Music Trail March 1 during the annual Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Tupelo, where a marker will be placed in Elvis Presley’s birthplace.
The trail will have 30 markers. The Mississippi Blues Trail has more than 100 markers in Mississippi and four other states.
The markers feature a variety of country music artists, including Jimmie Rodgers, Charley Pride, Conway Twitty, Jerry Clower, Faith Hill, Tammy Wynette, Mac McAnally and Stuart, the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training