Stuart unveils Country Music Trail
Published: March 2,2010
TUPELO — Musician Marty Stuart wants the world to know all about Mississippi’s contribution to county music, and he thinks as series of markers similar to the Mississippi Blues Trail is the way to spread the word.
Stuart officially announced the creation of the Mississippi Country Music Trail March 1 during the annual Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Tupelo, where a marker will be placed in Elvis Presley’s birthplace.
The trail will have 30 markers. The Mississippi Blues Trail has more than 100 markers in Mississippi and four other states.
The markers feature a variety of country music artists, including Jimmie Rodgers, Charley Pride, Conway Twitty, Jerry Clower, Faith Hill, Tammy Wynette, Mac McAnally and Stuart, the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reported.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry