Terra entertains another offer
Published: March 2,2010
YAZOO CITY — CF Industries is making another offer for fertilizer-maker Terra Industries just six weeks after vowing to end its hostile pursuit.
CF said today it is offering $37.15 in cash and nearly one-tenth of a share of common stock for each Terra share.
Chemical maker CF, based in Deerfield, Ill., says the offer has a total value of $47.40 per share based on CF Industries closing price today.
Terra shareholders have repeatedly rejected CF offers. Terra, based in Sioux City, Iowa, and owner of a plant in Yazoo City, said last month it will be bought instead by Norway’s Yara for $4.1 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015