Terra entertains another offer
Published: March 2,2010
YAZOO CITY — CF Industries is making another offer for fertilizer-maker Terra Industries just six weeks after vowing to end its hostile pursuit.
CF said today it is offering $37.15 in cash and nearly one-tenth of a share of common stock for each Terra share.
Chemical maker CF, based in Deerfield, Ill., says the offer has a total value of $47.40 per share based on CF Industries closing price today.
Terra shareholders have repeatedly rejected CF offers. Terra, based in Sioux City, Iowa, and owner of a plant in Yazoo City, said last month it will be bought instead by Norway’s Yara for $4.1 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal