Terra entertains another offer
Published: March 2,2010
YAZOO CITY — CF Industries is making another offer for fertilizer-maker Terra Industries just six weeks after vowing to end its hostile pursuit.
CF said today it is offering $37.15 in cash and nearly one-tenth of a share of common stock for each Terra share.
Chemical maker CF, based in Deerfield, Ill., says the offer has a total value of $47.40 per share based on CF Industries closing price today.
Terra shareholders have repeatedly rejected CF offers. Terra, based in Sioux City, Iowa, and owner of a plant in Yazoo City, said last month it will be bought instead by Norway’s Yara for $4.1 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau