Terra entertains another offer
Published: March 2,2010
YAZOO CITY — CF Industries is making another offer for fertilizer-maker Terra Industries just six weeks after vowing to end its hostile pursuit.
CF said today it is offering $37.15 in cash and nearly one-tenth of a share of common stock for each Terra share.
Chemical maker CF, based in Deerfield, Ill., says the offer has a total value of $47.40 per share based on CF Industries closing price today.
Terra shareholders have repeatedly rejected CF offers. Terra, based in Sioux City, Iowa, and owner of a plant in Yazoo City, said last month it will be bought instead by Norway’s Yara for $4.1 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast