Terra entertains another offer
Published: March 2,2010
YAZOO CITY — CF Industries is making another offer for fertilizer-maker Terra Industries just six weeks after vowing to end its hostile pursuit.
CF said today it is offering $37.15 in cash and nearly one-tenth of a share of common stock for each Terra share.
Chemical maker CF, based in Deerfield, Ill., says the offer has a total value of $47.40 per share based on CF Industries closing price today.
Terra shareholders have repeatedly rejected CF offers. Terra, based in Sioux City, Iowa, and owner of a plant in Yazoo City, said last month it will be bought instead by Norway’s Yara for $4.1 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- College Board sets Friday meeting to discuss Dan Jones
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club