Alliance ends hospital opposition
OLIVE BRANCH — Alliance Healthcare System Inc. has dropped its opposition to Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s proposed 100-bed hospital in Olive Branch, leaving only Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto to oppose the plan.
The Alliance system, based in Holly Springs, had fought Methodist Le Bonheur’s proposal for a $137-million hospital in DeSoto County, where Baptist Memorial has a 339-bed hospital in Southaven.
Methodist Le Bonheur lawyers showed state regulators March 2 a letter from Alliance, which said it would no longer oppose the new hospital.
Olive Branch officials have tried for years to obtain a certificate of need through the State Board of Health and the Legislature.
Mississippi Health Department staff members recommended approval for a certificate of need last fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case