Alliance ends hospital opposition
OLIVE BRANCH — Alliance Healthcare System Inc. has dropped its opposition to Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s proposed 100-bed hospital in Olive Branch, leaving only Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto to oppose the plan.
The Alliance system, based in Holly Springs, had fought Methodist Le Bonheur’s proposal for a $137-million hospital in DeSoto County, where Baptist Memorial has a 339-bed hospital in Southaven.
Methodist Le Bonheur lawyers showed state regulators March 2 a letter from Alliance, which said it would no longer oppose the new hospital.
Olive Branch officials have tried for years to obtain a certificate of need through the State Board of Health and the Legislature.
Mississippi Health Department staff members recommended approval for a certificate of need last fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money