MTD adding 100-plus manufacturing jobs
LEE COUNTY — Lawn care equipment manufacturer MTD Products Inc. has announced a $6.25-million expansion of its operation in Lee County. Officials say the company will add 107 new jobs.
The company’s expansion into the 525,000-square-foot former Eljer Plumbingware building includes the introduction of a new mower platform and the addition of injection molding capabilities. Operations at the new facility are expected to begin this spring.
MTD chairman Ted Moll says the Cleveland, Ohio-based company will continue operations at its current Tupelo facility, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three