MTD adding 100-plus manufacturing jobs
LEE COUNTY — Lawn care equipment manufacturer MTD Products Inc. has announced a $6.25-million expansion of its operation in Lee County. Officials say the company will add 107 new jobs.
The company’s expansion into the 525,000-square-foot former Eljer Plumbingware building includes the introduction of a new mower platform and the addition of injection molding capabilities. Operations at the new facility are expected to begin this spring.
MTD chairman Ted Moll says the Cleveland, Ohio-based company will continue operations at its current Tupelo facility, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program