MTD adding 100-plus manufacturing jobs
LEE COUNTY — Lawn care equipment manufacturer MTD Products Inc. has announced a $6.25-million expansion of its operation in Lee County. Officials say the company will add 107 new jobs.
The company’s expansion into the 525,000-square-foot former Eljer Plumbingware building includes the introduction of a new mower platform and the addition of injection molding capabilities. Operations at the new facility are expected to begin this spring.
MTD chairman Ted Moll says the Cleveland, Ohio-based company will continue operations at its current Tupelo facility, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams