MTD adding 100-plus manufacturing jobs
LEE COUNTY — Lawn care equipment manufacturer MTD Products Inc. has announced a $6.25-million expansion of its operation in Lee County. Officials say the company will add 107 new jobs.
The company’s expansion into the 525,000-square-foot former Eljer Plumbingware building includes the introduction of a new mower platform and the addition of injection molding capabilities. Operations at the new facility are expected to begin this spring.
MTD chairman Ted Moll says the Cleveland, Ohio-based company will continue operations at its current Tupelo facility, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer