MTD adding 100-plus manufacturing jobs
LEE COUNTY — Lawn care equipment manufacturer MTD Products Inc. has announced a $6.25-million expansion of its operation in Lee County. Officials say the company will add 107 new jobs.
The company’s expansion into the 525,000-square-foot former Eljer Plumbingware building includes the introduction of a new mower platform and the addition of injection molding capabilities. Operations at the new facility are expected to begin this spring.
MTD chairman Ted Moll says the Cleveland, Ohio-based company will continue operations at its current Tupelo facility, as well.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19