Hudson Salvage adding distribution center
TIPPAH COUNTY — Officials from Hudson Salvage, LLC, leading purchaser of retail salvage merchandise, have announced the company is locating a distribution center in Tippah County in Northeast Mississippi.
The company’s new distribution facility will be housed in the one million-square-foot building formerly occupied by furniture manufacturer BenchCraft.
The cost of the move was not disclosed. However, the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) said the project “represents a significant investment by Hudson’s and offers the potential to create several hundred new jobs at the facility over the next several years.
The distribution center will serve the company’s Dirt Cheap and Treasure Hunt stores in North Mississippi, Tennessee and Alabama. With the location of this new distribution facility, Hudson plans to significantly increase its retail presence in the area.
“The acquisition of this facility is critical to our further retail expansion in Alabama and Mississippi, and it positions us for even more growth in other markets including Tennessee,” said Robert Aaron Roberts, the CEO of Hudson Salvage. “We appreciate the assistance afforded by local and state officials in making this acquisition. The roots of our company have been in Mississippi for over 70 years. We are proud to call it home and acknowledge this state as one of the best places in the country to grow your business.”
The MDA)worked closely with the company and local officials to assist with the project. MDA provided funding to Tippah County through the Development Infrastructure Program to help with infrastructure improvements for the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hudson Salvage adding distribution center”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium