Hudson Salvage adding distribution center
TIPPAH COUNTY — Officials from Hudson Salvage, LLC, leading purchaser of retail salvage merchandise, have announced the company is locating a distribution center in Tippah County in Northeast Mississippi.
The company’s new distribution facility will be housed in the one million-square-foot building formerly occupied by furniture manufacturer BenchCraft.
The cost of the move was not disclosed. However, the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) said the project “represents a significant investment by Hudson’s and offers the potential to create several hundred new jobs at the facility over the next several years.
The distribution center will serve the company’s Dirt Cheap and Treasure Hunt stores in North Mississippi, Tennessee and Alabama. With the location of this new distribution facility, Hudson plans to significantly increase its retail presence in the area.
“The acquisition of this facility is critical to our further retail expansion in Alabama and Mississippi, and it positions us for even more growth in other markets including Tennessee,” said Robert Aaron Roberts, the CEO of Hudson Salvage. “We appreciate the assistance afforded by local and state officials in making this acquisition. The roots of our company have been in Mississippi for over 70 years. We are proud to call it home and acknowledge this state as one of the best places in the country to grow your business.”
The MDA)worked closely with the company and local officials to assist with the project. MDA provided funding to Tippah County through the Development Infrastructure Program to help with infrastructure improvements for the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hudson Salvage adding distribution center”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department