Mayor will pay for trip to China
by Associated Press
Published: March 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree says he is paying his own way on a previously-reported trip this month to Linyi, China.
DuPree tells the Hattiesburg American that he will travel with his wife instead of taking two members of his administration as he had previously announced.
The DuPrees will be tagging along with a delegation from William Carey University.
William Carey vice president Scott Hummel says the school has a professor and student exchange program in place with Linyi Normal University.
Hummel says DuPree and the William Carey delegation will be in Linyi March 12-20 Two William Carey professors will stay behind to teach English at LNC until July 3.
Hummel says the party will meet with Linyi’s mayor to talk about economic programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Nullification and interposition
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable