Mayor will pay for trip to China
by Associated Press
Published: March 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree says he is paying his own way on a previously-reported trip this month to Linyi, China.
DuPree tells the Hattiesburg American that he will travel with his wife instead of taking two members of his administration as he had previously announced.
The DuPrees will be tagging along with a delegation from William Carey University.
William Carey vice president Scott Hummel says the school has a professor and student exchange program in place with Linyi Normal University.
Hummel says DuPree and the William Carey delegation will be in Linyi March 12-20 Two William Carey professors will stay behind to teach English at LNC until July 3.
Hummel says the party will meet with Linyi’s mayor to talk about economic programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program