Mayor will pay for trip to China
Published: March 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree says he is paying his own way on a previously-reported trip this month to Linyi, China.
DuPree tells the Hattiesburg American that he will travel with his wife instead of taking two members of his administration as he had previously announced.
The DuPrees will be tagging along with a delegation from William Carey University.
William Carey vice president Scott Hummel says the school has a professor and student exchange program in place with Linyi Normal University.
Hummel says DuPree and the William Carey delegation will be in Linyi March 12-20 Two William Carey professors will stay behind to teach English at LNC until July 3.
Hummel says the party will meet with Linyi’s mayor to talk about economic programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves