Mayor will pay for trip to China
Published: March 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree says he is paying his own way on a previously-reported trip this month to Linyi, China.
DuPree tells the Hattiesburg American that he will travel with his wife instead of taking two members of his administration as he had previously announced.
The DuPrees will be tagging along with a delegation from William Carey University.
William Carey vice president Scott Hummel says the school has a professor and student exchange program in place with Linyi Normal University.
Hummel says DuPree and the William Carey delegation will be in Linyi March 12-20 Two William Carey professors will stay behind to teach English at LNC until July 3.
Hummel says the party will meet with Linyi’s mayor to talk about economic programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics