Mayor will pay for trip to China
Published: March 4,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree says he is paying his own way on a previously-reported trip this month to Linyi, China.
DuPree tells the Hattiesburg American that he will travel with his wife instead of taking two members of his administration as he had previously announced.
The DuPrees will be tagging along with a delegation from William Carey University.
William Carey vice president Scott Hummel says the school has a professor and student exchange program in place with Linyi Normal University.
Hummel says DuPree and the William Carey delegation will be in Linyi March 12-20 Two William Carey professors will stay behind to teach English at LNC until July 3.
Hummel says the party will meet with Linyi’s mayor to talk about economic programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'