Katrina program info now online
Published: March 5,2010
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Development Authority Disaster Recovery Division (MDA DRD) and the Gulf Coast Housing Resource Centers have launched an online listing of all available affordable rental units provided through MDA’s Small Rental Assistance Program (SRAP), Public Housing Assistance and Long Term Workforce Housing (LTWH) programs.
“This initiative called, the Housing Entry and Resident Tracking or ‘HEART,’ is an online repository of all available housing being provided by the state’s post-Katrina housing programs,” said Jon Mabry, COO of MDA DRD, which administers more than $5 billion in federally-appropriated recovery funds for replenishing housing stock, rebuilding public infrastructure and retaining/creating jobs in the Katrina-affected counties. “Having a user-friendly, one-stop shop readily available will be a great asset for all case-workers, renters and agencies charged with providing affordable housing.”
The listing can be viewed at www.heartms.org. Organizations providing services to clients who wish to obtain access to this database, can do so by completing the registration page.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Katrina program info now online”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities