Katrina program info now online
Published: March 5,2010
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Development Authority Disaster Recovery Division (MDA DRD) and the Gulf Coast Housing Resource Centers have launched an online listing of all available affordable rental units provided through MDA’s Small Rental Assistance Program (SRAP), Public Housing Assistance and Long Term Workforce Housing (LTWH) programs.
“This initiative called, the Housing Entry and Resident Tracking or ‘HEART,’ is an online repository of all available housing being provided by the state’s post-Katrina housing programs,” said Jon Mabry, COO of MDA DRD, which administers more than $5 billion in federally-appropriated recovery funds for replenishing housing stock, rebuilding public infrastructure and retaining/creating jobs in the Katrina-affected counties. “Having a user-friendly, one-stop shop readily available will be a great asset for all case-workers, renters and agencies charged with providing affordable housing.”
The listing can be viewed at www.heartms.org. Organizations providing services to clients who wish to obtain access to this database, can do so by completing the registration page.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Katrina program info now online”
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season