Katrina program info now online
Published: March 5,2010
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Development Authority Disaster Recovery Division (MDA DRD) and the Gulf Coast Housing Resource Centers have launched an online listing of all available affordable rental units provided through MDA’s Small Rental Assistance Program (SRAP), Public Housing Assistance and Long Term Workforce Housing (LTWH) programs.
“This initiative called, the Housing Entry and Resident Tracking or ‘HEART,’ is an online repository of all available housing being provided by the state’s post-Katrina housing programs,” said Jon Mabry, COO of MDA DRD, which administers more than $5 billion in federally-appropriated recovery funds for replenishing housing stock, rebuilding public infrastructure and retaining/creating jobs in the Katrina-affected counties. “Having a user-friendly, one-stop shop readily available will be a great asset for all case-workers, renters and agencies charged with providing affordable housing.”
The listing can be viewed at www.heartms.org. Organizations providing services to clients who wish to obtain access to this database, can do so by completing the registration page.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Katrina program info now online”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal