Bergmark to receive ABA award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 7,2010
The American Bar Association Section of Litigation will recognize Martha Bergmark of Jackson, with the annual John Minor Wisdom Public Service and Professionalism Award for her contributions to public service.
Bergmark, president and CEO of the Mississippi Center for Justice, is being recognized for her advocacy, leadership and commitment to equal justice. She worked at the Legal Services Corporation in Washington, D.C., and later at the National Legal Aid and Defender Association. In 2002, she returned home to Mississippi and was a founder of the Mississippi Center for Justice, where she continues her advocacy to expand racial and economic justice. She was instrumental in mobilizing resources to help obtain legal services for victims of Hurricane Katrina and has demonstrated her commitment to helping those in need.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation