Bergmark to receive ABA award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 7,2010
The American Bar Association Section of Litigation will recognize Martha Bergmark of Jackson, with the annual John Minor Wisdom Public Service and Professionalism Award for her contributions to public service.
Bergmark, president and CEO of the Mississippi Center for Justice, is being recognized for her advocacy, leadership and commitment to equal justice. She worked at the Legal Services Corporation in Washington, D.C., and later at the National Legal Aid and Defender Association. In 2002, she returned home to Mississippi and was a founder of the Mississippi Center for Justice, where she continues her advocacy to expand racial and economic justice. She was instrumental in mobilizing resources to help obtain legal services for victims of Hurricane Katrina and has demonstrated her commitment to helping those in need.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center