Betts named chairman, three join firm
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 7,2010
J. Frank Betts, managing member of the Jackson-based firm of Eubank & Betts, PLLC, was elected chairman of the International Board of Directors of CPA Associates International Inc. at the annual meeting in Phoenix. He will serve a two-year term.
Betts is a founding member of Eubank & Betts. His audit, tax and accounting experience allows him to serve the firm’s clients in these areas. He is also the director-in-charge of peer review services and assists many U.S. CPA firms in complying with the standards in the quality of their audit and accounting practices. His experience as an auditor, co-authorship of “Guide to Auditor’s Reports” and many years of service on AICPA and MSCPA boards and technical committees has earned the firm recognition as a leader in the public accounting profession.
In a separate item, the firm has added three new names to its staff. Travis Mitchell recently joined as an accountant in the firm’s tax and audit departments. He graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi with a BSBA in accounting and human resource management. Previously employed with a CPA firm in Mississippi as a staff accountant, Mitchell has three years of experience in tax and auditing.
Jennifer M. Scott recently joined as an accountant in the firm’s tax department. She graduated summa cum laude from Mississippi College with a BSBA in accounting in Dec. 2008. Scott is currently pursing her MBA from Mississippi College.
Kristin K. Reiber recently joined as an accountant in the firm’s tax department. She graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi with a masters in professional accountancy and a B.A. in criminal justice.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy