Betts named chairman, three join firm
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 7,2010
J. Frank Betts, managing member of the Jackson-based firm of Eubank & Betts, PLLC, was elected chairman of the International Board of Directors of CPA Associates International Inc. at the annual meeting in Phoenix. He will serve a two-year term.
Betts is a founding member of Eubank & Betts. His audit, tax and accounting experience allows him to serve the firm’s clients in these areas. He is also the director-in-charge of peer review services and assists many U.S. CPA firms in complying with the standards in the quality of their audit and accounting practices. His experience as an auditor, co-authorship of “Guide to Auditor’s Reports” and many years of service on AICPA and MSCPA boards and technical committees has earned the firm recognition as a leader in the public accounting profession.
In a separate item, the firm has added three new names to its staff. Travis Mitchell recently joined as an accountant in the firm’s tax and audit departments. He graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi with a BSBA in accounting and human resource management. Previously employed with a CPA firm in Mississippi as a staff accountant, Mitchell has three years of experience in tax and auditing.
Jennifer M. Scott recently joined as an accountant in the firm’s tax department. She graduated summa cum laude from Mississippi College with a BSBA in accounting in Dec. 2008. Scott is currently pursing her MBA from Mississippi College.
Kristin K. Reiber recently joined as an accountant in the firm’s tax department. She graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi with a masters in professional accountancy and a B.A. in criminal justice.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey