Reed named CEO, director
Global Industries, Ltd., of Carlyss, La., has named John B. Reed Jr. as CEO and a director of the company. Reed joins Global with more than 30 years’ experience in the offshore construction industry. Most recently, he served as CEO of Heerema Marine Contractors after holding a number of other senior roles with the Heerema Group including CEO of INTEC Engineering Inc. He previously held a number of other management roles at Heerema in project management, business development and engineering capacities.
Reed previously served as a member of the board of directors of the National Ocean Industries Association, is a past president of the International Pipeline and Marine Contractors Association and past chairman of the International Marine Contractors Association, America’s Deepwater Division.
Reed holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering from the University of Mississippi and an MBA from Delta State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up