Reed named CEO, director
Global Industries, Ltd., of Carlyss, La., has named John B. Reed Jr. as CEO and a director of the company. Reed joins Global with more than 30 years’ experience in the offshore construction industry. Most recently, he served as CEO of Heerema Marine Contractors after holding a number of other senior roles with the Heerema Group including CEO of INTEC Engineering Inc. He previously held a number of other management roles at Heerema in project management, business development and engineering capacities.
Reed previously served as a member of the board of directors of the National Ocean Industries Association, is a past president of the International Pipeline and Marine Contractors Association and past chairman of the International Marine Contractors Association, America’s Deepwater Division.
Reed holds a bachelor’s degree in engineering from the University of Mississippi and an MBA from Delta State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015