Scheuermann elevated to Stennis director
Patrick Scheuermann, the deputy director at the Stennis Space Center in Hancock County, has been named the center’s director.
NASA Administrator Charles F. Bolden made the announcement March 1 in Washington.
Arthur E. “Gene” Goldman, who has been the director of Stennis since Nov. 2008, was named deputy director of Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.
Before being named deputy director of Stennis, Scheuermann was associate director at the center. He previously served as chief operating officer of NASA’s Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans. Scheuermann also was deputy director of center operations at Stennis until his move to Michoud.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the University of New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing