Gordon’s condition upgraded to ‘good’
JACKSON — State Sen. Jack Gordon remained hospitalized Monday but his condition has been upgraded from critical to good.
Officials haven’t said why the 66-year-old Democrat from Okolona was rushed early Sunday to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
Peggy Wagner, a UMC spokeswoman, said Monday that Gordon was in “good condition.”
Gordon is a longtime lawmaker who chaired the powerful Senate Appropriations Committee for years. He’s now chair of the Public Property Committee.
State Sen. Doug Davis told The Associated Press that Gordon was taken early Sunday to UMC and that doctors were running a series of tests.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data