Microsoft system won’t work on some phones
NEW YORK — Microsoft says its next operating system for smart phones, Windows 7 Phone Series, won’t run applications written for phones that use its current operating system.
A Microsoft Corp. executive said in a blog post March 4 that the new software is a “clean break” with the past, and that making it as user-friendly as possible means jettisoning support for older applications. It’s launching before the end of the year.
There are tens of thousands of applications written for different versions of Windows Mobile, going back more than a decade, but few of them are up to today’s standards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015