Microsoft system won’t work on some phones
NEW YORK — Microsoft says its next operating system for smart phones, Windows 7 Phone Series, won’t run applications written for phones that use its current operating system.
A Microsoft Corp. executive said in a blog post March 4 that the new software is a “clean break” with the past, and that making it as user-friendly as possible means jettisoning support for older applications. It’s launching before the end of the year.
There are tens of thousands of applications written for different versions of Windows Mobile, going back more than a decade, but few of them are up to today’s standards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal