Microsoft system won’t work on some phones
NEW YORK — Microsoft says its next operating system for smart phones, Windows 7 Phone Series, won’t run applications written for phones that use its current operating system.
A Microsoft Corp. executive said in a blog post March 4 that the new software is a “clean break” with the past, and that making it as user-friendly as possible means jettisoning support for older applications. It’s launching before the end of the year.
There are tens of thousands of applications written for different versions of Windows Mobile, going back more than a decade, but few of them are up to today’s standards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast