Microsoft system won’t work on some phones
NEW YORK — Microsoft says its next operating system for smart phones, Windows 7 Phone Series, won’t run applications written for phones that use its current operating system.
A Microsoft Corp. executive said in a blog post March 4 that the new software is a “clean break” with the past, and that making it as user-friendly as possible means jettisoning support for older applications. It’s launching before the end of the year.
There are tens of thousands of applications written for different versions of Windows Mobile, going back more than a decade, but few of them are up to today’s standards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones