Microsoft system won’t work on some phones
NEW YORK — Microsoft says its next operating system for smart phones, Windows 7 Phone Series, won’t run applications written for phones that use its current operating system.
A Microsoft Corp. executive said in a blog post March 4 that the new software is a “clean break” with the past, and that making it as user-friendly as possible means jettisoning support for older applications. It’s launching before the end of the year.
There are tens of thousands of applications written for different versions of Windows Mobile, going back more than a decade, but few of them are up to today’s standards.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO