Schools get new interim superintendent
PRENTISS COUNTY — The Prentiss County School Board has appointed retired administrator Billy D. Stroupe to serve as interim superintendent.
Stroupe replaces Todd Swinney, who was serving in that position on a temporary basis while continuing to fulfill his principal duties at Wheeler School.
Swinney was appointed after Matt Smith resigned as superintendent last month. Smith has since been hired as principal at Kossuth School.
Stroupe has a total of 27 years in education, 20 of those in administrative roles, including 10 years as superintendent of the North Tippah School District.
Stroupe will serve as an interim superintendent until the Nov. 2 election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development