Schools get new interim superintendent
PRENTISS COUNTY — The Prentiss County School Board has appointed retired administrator Billy D. Stroupe to serve as interim superintendent.
Stroupe replaces Todd Swinney, who was serving in that position on a temporary basis while continuing to fulfill his principal duties at Wheeler School.
Swinney was appointed after Matt Smith resigned as superintendent last month. Smith has since been hired as principal at Kossuth School.
Stroupe has a total of 27 years in education, 20 of those in administrative roles, including 10 years as superintendent of the North Tippah School District.
Stroupe will serve as an interim superintendent until the Nov. 2 election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi