Schools get new interim superintendent
PRENTISS COUNTY — The Prentiss County School Board has appointed retired administrator Billy D. Stroupe to serve as interim superintendent.
Stroupe replaces Todd Swinney, who was serving in that position on a temporary basis while continuing to fulfill his principal duties at Wheeler School.
Swinney was appointed after Matt Smith resigned as superintendent last month. Smith has since been hired as principal at Kossuth School.
Stroupe has a total of 27 years in education, 20 of those in administrative roles, including 10 years as superintendent of the North Tippah School District.
Stroupe will serve as an interim superintendent until the Nov. 2 election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL