Schools get new interim superintendent
PRENTISS COUNTY — The Prentiss County School Board has appointed retired administrator Billy D. Stroupe to serve as interim superintendent.
Stroupe replaces Todd Swinney, who was serving in that position on a temporary basis while continuing to fulfill his principal duties at Wheeler School.
Swinney was appointed after Matt Smith resigned as superintendent last month. Smith has since been hired as principal at Kossuth School.
Stroupe has a total of 27 years in education, 20 of those in administrative roles, including 10 years as superintendent of the North Tippah School District.
Stroupe will serve as an interim superintendent until the Nov. 2 election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that