Schools get new interim superintendent
PRENTISS COUNTY — The Prentiss County School Board has appointed retired administrator Billy D. Stroupe to serve as interim superintendent.
Stroupe replaces Todd Swinney, who was serving in that position on a temporary basis while continuing to fulfill his principal duties at Wheeler School.
Swinney was appointed after Matt Smith resigned as superintendent last month. Smith has since been hired as principal at Kossuth School.
Stroupe has a total of 27 years in education, 20 of those in administrative roles, including 10 years as superintendent of the North Tippah School District.
Stroupe will serve as an interim superintendent until the Nov. 2 election.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Top 40 Under 40
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Top 40 Under 40 Nomination Form
- New process from Mississippi company helps remove bacteria from oysters