Florida company acquires AQF, SQM
Published: March 9,2010
PONTOTOC — H.I.G. Capital, LLC, a global private equity investment firm based in Miami, announced that an affiliate has acquired Albertville Quality Foods (AQF) and Southern Quality Meats (SQM). Terms were not disclosed.
AQF and SQM provide specialized further processing services for protein-based products.
The companies specialize in poultry- and pork-based products, and focus on complex, quick turnaround runs that meet the stringent specifications of its restaurant, foodservice and retail customers. The Albertville, Ala., facility focuses on outsourced third-party processing, primarily of chicken-based products. The Mississippi plant, located in Pnototoc. is a fully-integrated pork sausage processing operation.
H.I.G. teamed with senior management to consummate the transaction.
“We are pleased to work with H.I.G. to leverage their experience growing service-oriented businesses,” said Don Haynie, CEO of AQF and SQM. “The recapitalization of our companies allows us to continue growing our customer base and expanding our facilities. This investment supports our industry-leading ability to provide specialized and custom products to our customers with the highest level of quality and service.”
AQF and SQM have provided further processing services for foodservice, restaurant and retail customers since 1962. Products such as breaded chicken tenders, boneless wings, sausage patties, and many others, are custom produced for hundreds of customers at the two facilities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar