Florida company acquires AQF, SQM
Published: March 9,2010
PONTOTOC — H.I.G. Capital, LLC, a global private equity investment firm based in Miami, announced that an affiliate has acquired Albertville Quality Foods (AQF) and Southern Quality Meats (SQM). Terms were not disclosed.
AQF and SQM provide specialized further processing services for protein-based products.
The companies specialize in poultry- and pork-based products, and focus on complex, quick turnaround runs that meet the stringent specifications of its restaurant, foodservice and retail customers. The Albertville, Ala., facility focuses on outsourced third-party processing, primarily of chicken-based products. The Mississippi plant, located in Pnototoc. is a fully-integrated pork sausage processing operation.
H.I.G. teamed with senior management to consummate the transaction.
“We are pleased to work with H.I.G. to leverage their experience growing service-oriented businesses,” said Don Haynie, CEO of AQF and SQM. “The recapitalization of our companies allows us to continue growing our customer base and expanding our facilities. This investment supports our industry-leading ability to provide specialized and custom products to our customers with the highest level of quality and service.”
AQF and SQM have provided further processing services for foodservice, restaurant and retail customers since 1962. Products such as breaded chicken tenders, boneless wings, sausage patties, and many others, are custom produced for hundreds of customers at the two facilities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts
- The leadership styles of President Obama