Florida company acquires AQF, SQM
Published: March 9,2010
PONTOTOC — H.I.G. Capital, LLC, a global private equity investment firm based in Miami, announced that an affiliate has acquired Albertville Quality Foods (AQF) and Southern Quality Meats (SQM). Terms were not disclosed.
AQF and SQM provide specialized further processing services for protein-based products.
The companies specialize in poultry- and pork-based products, and focus on complex, quick turnaround runs that meet the stringent specifications of its restaurant, foodservice and retail customers. The Albertville, Ala., facility focuses on outsourced third-party processing, primarily of chicken-based products. The Mississippi plant, located in Pnototoc. is a fully-integrated pork sausage processing operation.
H.I.G. teamed with senior management to consummate the transaction.
“We are pleased to work with H.I.G. to leverage their experience growing service-oriented businesses,” said Don Haynie, CEO of AQF and SQM. “The recapitalization of our companies allows us to continue growing our customer base and expanding our facilities. This investment supports our industry-leading ability to provide specialized and custom products to our customers with the highest level of quality and service.”
AQF and SQM have provided further processing services for foodservice, restaurant and retail customers since 1962. Products such as breaded chicken tenders, boneless wings, sausage patties, and many others, are custom produced for hundreds of customers at the two facilities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility