Gentiva buys Heart to Heart
Published: March 9,2010
Established in 2001, Heart to Heart Hospice has offices in Starkville and Tupelo covering 22 counties in the state. Hospice services offered through this newest addition to Gentiva include skilled nursing, home health aide services, pain management and related medications,and emotional and spiritual support. In addition, a comprehensive bereavement program is offered to serve patient families.
Gentiva entered the Mississippi market in 2008 through its acquisition of Gilbert’s Home Health and Gilbert’s Hospice Care.
“After a strong year in 2009, we are looking to continue to grow our hospice business both organically and through acquisition. This transaction is consistent with our strategy to concentrate our resources on adding quality, clinically focused hospice providers with the highest standards of care and support,” said Tony Strange, Gentiva CEO and president. “We are pleased to have Heart to Heart Hospice join the Gentiva family and look forward to working with them as we expand our coverage area to 44 counties covering north, central and southern Mississippi.”
Net revenues for Heart to Heart Hospice approximated $4 million in 2009.
The acquisition is not expected to have a material impact on Gentiva’s financial position or results of operations in 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren