Road builders issue stimulus report
Published: March 9,2010
There are currently 68 American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA)-financed highway construction projects underway or completed in Mississippi involving $281.5 million in funds, according to data released by Washington, D.C.-based American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA).
The projects underway or completed have supported or are supporting 7,831 jobs in Mississippi that would otherwise not exist, says ARTBA vice president of economics and research Dr. Bill Buechner.
ARRA provided $356.3 million to Mississippi for highway, bridge and related improvements. This one-time bonus added more than 91 percent to Mississippi’s regular federal highway funds under the current federal surface transportation law—Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU)—bringing the state’s total federal highway funding in 2009 to a record $745.5 million.
According to Buechner, a Harvard-trained economist, another 95 projects have been identified and are slated to be under construction shortly.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion