Insurance Department releases ‘Medigap’ guide
JACKSON — The difference between what Medicare covers and actual medical bills can put an extra financial burden on the already strained budgets of Mississippi Medicare recipients. Many seniors turn to a Medicare supplemental insurance (Medigap) policy to ease that gap.
To aid consumers in choosing the best Medigap policy this year, the Mississippi Insurance Department (MID) announces the publication of the 2010 MID Medicare Supplement Shopper’s Guide.
The 32-page guide contains information such as changes to Medicare, contact information for questions about policies, list of companies writing Medigaps policies in the state and 2010 premium rates for the top 10 companies writing in Mississippi.
The publication is available on-line at the MID website www.mid.state.ms.us, or hard copies are available by contacting the MID Consumer Services Division toll-free at 1- 800-562-2957.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Insurance Department releases ‘Medigap’ guide”
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Supervisors to talk about rising costs, dwindling budget