Insurance Department releases ‘Medigap’ guide
JACKSON — The difference between what Medicare covers and actual medical bills can put an extra financial burden on the already strained budgets of Mississippi Medicare recipients. Many seniors turn to a Medicare supplemental insurance (Medigap) policy to ease that gap.
To aid consumers in choosing the best Medigap policy this year, the Mississippi Insurance Department (MID) announces the publication of the 2010 MID Medicare Supplement Shopper’s Guide.
The 32-page guide contains information such as changes to Medicare, contact information for questions about policies, list of companies writing Medigaps policies in the state and 2010 premium rates for the top 10 companies writing in Mississippi.
The publication is available on-line at the MID website www.mid.state.ms.us, or hard copies are available by contacting the MID Consumer Services Division toll-free at 1- 800-562-2957.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Insurance Department releases ‘Medigap’ guide”
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site