Insurance Department releases ‘Medigap’ guide
JACKSON — The difference between what Medicare covers and actual medical bills can put an extra financial burden on the already strained budgets of Mississippi Medicare recipients. Many seniors turn to a Medicare supplemental insurance (Medigap) policy to ease that gap.
To aid consumers in choosing the best Medigap policy this year, the Mississippi Insurance Department (MID) announces the publication of the 2010 MID Medicare Supplement Shopper’s Guide.
The 32-page guide contains information such as changes to Medicare, contact information for questions about policies, list of companies writing Medigaps policies in the state and 2010 premium rates for the top 10 companies writing in Mississippi.
The publication is available on-line at the MID website www.mid.state.ms.us, or hard copies are available by contacting the MID Consumer Services Division toll-free at 1- 800-562-2957.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Insurance Department releases ‘Medigap’ guide”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain