Insurance Department releases ‘Medigap’ guide
JACKSON — The difference between what Medicare covers and actual medical bills can put an extra financial burden on the already strained budgets of Mississippi Medicare recipients. Many seniors turn to a Medicare supplemental insurance (Medigap) policy to ease that gap.
To aid consumers in choosing the best Medigap policy this year, the Mississippi Insurance Department (MID) announces the publication of the 2010 MID Medicare Supplement Shopper’s Guide.
The 32-page guide contains information such as changes to Medicare, contact information for questions about policies, list of companies writing Medigaps policies in the state and 2010 premium rates for the top 10 companies writing in Mississippi.
The publication is available on-line at the MID website www.mid.state.ms.us, or hard copies are available by contacting the MID Consumer Services Division toll-free at 1- 800-562-2957.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Insurance Department releases ‘Medigap’ guide”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators