Shareholders approve Denbury-Encore merger
PLANO, Texas — Denbury Resources Inc. and Encore Acquisition Company have received the requisite stockholder approval to merge Encore with and into Denbury.
Special meetings of the stockholders of each of Denbury and Encore were held to consider and vote upon proposals to adopt the agreement and plan of merger, dated as of Oct. 31, 2009, by and between Denbury and Encore, which provide for, among other things, the merger of Encore with and into Denbury, and in Denbury’s case the issuance of Denbury common stock to Encore stockholders as part of the merger consideration.
The combined company will continue to be known as Denbury Resources Inc. and will be headquartered in Plano, Texas. Denbury and Encore will consummate the merger upon completion of final documentation and filings for the merger and associated financing.
Denbuy is the largest independent oil and gas company operating in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute