Shareholders approve Denbury-Encore merger
PLANO, Texas — Denbury Resources Inc. and Encore Acquisition Company have received the requisite stockholder approval to merge Encore with and into Denbury.
Special meetings of the stockholders of each of Denbury and Encore were held to consider and vote upon proposals to adopt the agreement and plan of merger, dated as of Oct. 31, 2009, by and between Denbury and Encore, which provide for, among other things, the merger of Encore with and into Denbury, and in Denbury’s case the issuance of Denbury common stock to Encore stockholders as part of the merger consideration.
The combined company will continue to be known as Denbury Resources Inc. and will be headquartered in Plano, Texas. Denbury and Encore will consummate the merger upon completion of final documentation and filings for the merger and associated financing.
Denbuy is the largest independent oil and gas company operating in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds