Shareholders approve Denbury-Encore merger
PLANO, Texas — Denbury Resources Inc. and Encore Acquisition Company have received the requisite stockholder approval to merge Encore with and into Denbury.
Special meetings of the stockholders of each of Denbury and Encore were held to consider and vote upon proposals to adopt the agreement and plan of merger, dated as of Oct. 31, 2009, by and between Denbury and Encore, which provide for, among other things, the merger of Encore with and into Denbury, and in Denbury’s case the issuance of Denbury common stock to Encore stockholders as part of the merger consideration.
The combined company will continue to be known as Denbury Resources Inc. and will be headquartered in Plano, Texas. Denbury and Encore will consummate the merger upon completion of final documentation and filings for the merger and associated financing.
Denbuy is the largest independent oil and gas company operating in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar