Shareholders approve Denbury-Encore merger
PLANO, Texas — Denbury Resources Inc. and Encore Acquisition Company have received the requisite stockholder approval to merge Encore with and into Denbury.
Special meetings of the stockholders of each of Denbury and Encore were held to consider and vote upon proposals to adopt the agreement and plan of merger, dated as of Oct. 31, 2009, by and between Denbury and Encore, which provide for, among other things, the merger of Encore with and into Denbury, and in Denbury’s case the issuance of Denbury common stock to Encore stockholders as part of the merger consideration.
The combined company will continue to be known as Denbury Resources Inc. and will be headquartered in Plano, Texas. Denbury and Encore will consummate the merger upon completion of final documentation and filings for the merger and associated financing.
Denbuy is the largest independent oil and gas company operating in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete