Toyota reports sales exceed expectations
Published: March 10,2010
TOKYO — A high-ranking Toyota executive says the automaker’s North American sales spiked around 50 percent the first eight days of March as incentives helped lure customers after a series of embarrassing safety recalls.
Don Esmond, senior vice president of automotive operation for Toyota Motor Sales, says that the early numbers surpassed the company’s expectations.
Esmond says there is pent-up demand from buyers who didn’t shop for cars during last year’s economic downturn. He also credits new sales incentives enacted this month, including 0 percent financing offers for eight Toyota models.
Earlier Tuesday, he addressed about 800 officials from Toyota supply companies attending an annual business meeting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota reports sales exceed expectations”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41