Toyota reports sales exceed expectations
by Associated Press
Published: March 10,2010
TOKYO — A high-ranking Toyota executive says the automaker’s North American sales spiked around 50 percent the first eight days of March as incentives helped lure customers after a series of embarrassing safety recalls.
Don Esmond, senior vice president of automotive operation for Toyota Motor Sales, says that the early numbers surpassed the company’s expectations.
Esmond says there is pent-up demand from buyers who didn’t shop for cars during last year’s economic downturn. He also credits new sales incentives enacted this month, including 0 percent financing offers for eight Toyota models.
Earlier Tuesday, he addressed about 800 officials from Toyota supply companies attending an annual business meeting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota reports sales exceed expectations”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability