Toyota reports sales exceed expectations
Published: March 10,2010
TOKYO — A high-ranking Toyota executive says the automaker’s North American sales spiked around 50 percent the first eight days of March as incentives helped lure customers after a series of embarrassing safety recalls.
Don Esmond, senior vice president of automotive operation for Toyota Motor Sales, says that the early numbers surpassed the company’s expectations.
Esmond says there is pent-up demand from buyers who didn’t shop for cars during last year’s economic downturn. He also credits new sales incentives enacted this month, including 0 percent financing offers for eight Toyota models.
Earlier Tuesday, he addressed about 800 officials from Toyota supply companies attending an annual business meeting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota reports sales exceed expectations”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November