Toyota reports sales exceed expectations
Published: March 10,2010
TOKYO — A high-ranking Toyota executive says the automaker’s North American sales spiked around 50 percent the first eight days of March as incentives helped lure customers after a series of embarrassing safety recalls.
Don Esmond, senior vice president of automotive operation for Toyota Motor Sales, says that the early numbers surpassed the company’s expectations.
Esmond says there is pent-up demand from buyers who didn’t shop for cars during last year’s economic downturn. He also credits new sales incentives enacted this month, including 0 percent financing offers for eight Toyota models.
Earlier Tuesday, he addressed about 800 officials from Toyota supply companies attending an annual business meeting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota reports sales exceed expectations”
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing