U.S. job openings rise at fast rate
There were 2.7 million job openings on the last business day of Jan. 2010, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported yesterday. The job openings rate rose over the month to 2.1 percent, the highest the rate has been since Feb. 2009.
The hires rate (3.1 percent) and the separations rate (3.2 percent) were unchanged in January. The annual totals for hires and quits decreased in 2009 while the annual total for layoffs and discharges increased.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club