U.S. job openings rise at fast rate
There were 2.7 million job openings on the last business day of Jan. 2010, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported yesterday. The job openings rate rose over the month to 2.1 percent, the highest the rate has been since Feb. 2009.
The hires rate (3.1 percent) and the separations rate (3.2 percent) were unchanged in January. The annual totals for hires and quits decreased in 2009 while the annual total for layoffs and discharges increased.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money