U.S. job openings rise at fast rate
There were 2.7 million job openings on the last business day of Jan. 2010, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported yesterday. The job openings rate rose over the month to 2.1 percent, the highest the rate has been since Feb. 2009.
The hires rate (3.1 percent) and the separations rate (3.2 percent) were unchanged in January. The annual totals for hires and quits decreased in 2009 while the annual total for layoffs and discharges increased.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years