U.S. job openings rise at fast rate
There were 2.7 million job openings on the last business day of Jan. 2010, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported yesterday. The job openings rate rose over the month to 2.1 percent, the highest the rate has been since Feb. 2009.
The hires rate (3.1 percent) and the separations rate (3.2 percent) were unchanged in January. The annual totals for hires and quits decreased in 2009 while the annual total for layoffs and discharges increased.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability