U.S. job openings rise at fast rate
There were 2.7 million job openings on the last business day of Jan. 2010, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported yesterday. The job openings rate rose over the month to 2.1 percent, the highest the rate has been since Feb. 2009.
The hires rate (3.1 percent) and the separations rate (3.2 percent) were unchanged in January. The annual totals for hires and quits decreased in 2009 while the annual total for layoffs and discharges increased.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation