U.S. job openings rise at fast rate
There were 2.7 million job openings on the last business day of Jan. 2010, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported yesterday. The job openings rate rose over the month to 2.1 percent, the highest the rate has been since Feb. 2009.
The hires rate (3.1 percent) and the separations rate (3.2 percent) were unchanged in January. The annual totals for hires and quits decreased in 2009 while the annual total for layoffs and discharges increased.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk