Investigators probing Delta plant fire
GREENVILLE — The state fire marshal’s office will join the investigation into a fire in a building at a herbicide plant in Greenville.
WABG-TV reports that the fire broke out about 6 p.m. yesterday at the Platte Chemical Co. after what authorities say was a small explosion.
A nearby neighborhood was evacuated for a short time while Greenville firefighters put out the blaze. There were no reported injuries.
Platte Chemical produces insecticides, herbicides and fungicides for agriculture use.
Riverside Volunteer Fire Department Chief Billy Schultz says the fire was put out in about 30 minutes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium