Investigators probing Delta plant fire
GREENVILLE — The state fire marshal’s office will join the investigation into a fire in a building at a herbicide plant in Greenville.
WABG-TV reports that the fire broke out about 6 p.m. yesterday at the Platte Chemical Co. after what authorities say was a small explosion.
A nearby neighborhood was evacuated for a short time while Greenville firefighters put out the blaze. There were no reported injuries.
Platte Chemical produces insecticides, herbicides and fungicides for agriculture use.
Riverside Volunteer Fire Department Chief Billy Schultz says the fire was put out in about 30 minutes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth