Investigators probing Delta plant fire
GREENVILLE — The state fire marshal’s office will join the investigation into a fire in a building at a herbicide plant in Greenville.
WABG-TV reports that the fire broke out about 6 p.m. yesterday at the Platte Chemical Co. after what authorities say was a small explosion.
A nearby neighborhood was evacuated for a short time while Greenville firefighters put out the blaze. There were no reported injuries.
Platte Chemical produces insecticides, herbicides and fungicides for agriculture use.
Riverside Volunteer Fire Department Chief Billy Schultz says the fire was put out in about 30 minutes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option