Investigators probing Delta plant fire
GREENVILLE — The state fire marshal’s office will join the investigation into a fire in a building at a herbicide plant in Greenville.
WABG-TV reports that the fire broke out about 6 p.m. yesterday at the Platte Chemical Co. after what authorities say was a small explosion.
A nearby neighborhood was evacuated for a short time while Greenville firefighters put out the blaze. There were no reported injuries.
Platte Chemical produces insecticides, herbicides and fungicides for agriculture use.
Riverside Volunteer Fire Department Chief Billy Schultz says the fire was put out in about 30 minutes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports