Investigators probing Delta plant fire
GREENVILLE — The state fire marshal’s office will join the investigation into a fire in a building at a herbicide plant in Greenville.
WABG-TV reports that the fire broke out about 6 p.m. yesterday at the Platte Chemical Co. after what authorities say was a small explosion.
A nearby neighborhood was evacuated for a short time while Greenville firefighters put out the blaze. There were no reported injuries.
Platte Chemical produces insecticides, herbicides and fungicides for agriculture use.
Riverside Volunteer Fire Department Chief Billy Schultz says the fire was put out in about 30 minutes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau