Average compensation costs exceed $27 per hour
Published: March 12,2010
Private industry employers spent an average of $27.42 per hour worked for total employee compensation in Dec. 2009, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports.
Wages and salaries averaged $19.41 per hour worked and accounted for 70.8 percent of these costs, while benefits averaged $8.00 and accounted for the remaining 29.2 percent.
Total compensation costs for state and local government workers averaged $39.60 per hour worked in Dec. 2009.
Total employer compensation costs for civilian workers, which include private industry and state and local government workers, averaged $29.37 per hour worked in Dec. 2009.
Private industry employer costs for paid leave benefits averaged $1.86 per hour worked. Private industry paid leave benefit costs were highest for management, professional and related occupations, $4.05 per hour, or 8.4 percent of total compensation, in Dec. 2009. Costs were lowest among service occupations, 58 cents, or 4.2 percent of total compensation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast