Board approves school merger talks
Published: March 12,2010
POPLARVILLE — The Poplarville School Board has approved the opening of discussions with Pearl River County about merging the districts’ alternative schools.
The Picayune Item reports Poplarville superintendent Carl Merritt was given permission this week to being talks with county schools leader Dennis E. Penton.
The county school district has a fully accredited, daytime alternative school. Poplarville has a night alternative school, which, Merritt says the state is planning to phase out.
Merritt told the school board while the merger looks like it would be beneficial to the Poplarville school system, there are a lot of fine points to be worked out before a merger could take place.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities