Board approves school merger talks
Published: March 12,2010
POPLARVILLE — The Poplarville School Board has approved the opening of discussions with Pearl River County about merging the districts’ alternative schools.
The Picayune Item reports Poplarville superintendent Carl Merritt was given permission this week to being talks with county schools leader Dennis E. Penton.
The county school district has a fully accredited, daytime alternative school. Poplarville has a night alternative school, which, Merritt says the state is planning to phase out.
Merritt told the school board while the merger looks like it would be beneficial to the Poplarville school system, there are a lot of fine points to be worked out before a merger could take place.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur