South Alabama bringing campus to Mississippi
GAUTIER — University of South Alabama (USA) trustees are prepared to approve adding a satellite campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Gautier.
The Mobile, Ala., university board’s committee of the whole has recommended creating the campus in Gautier.
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) in Hattiesburg had a location there until August. USM then closed the classroom building, saying it would save about $200,000 annually.
USA president Gordon Moulton says Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College agreed to provide classroom and office space to USA for two years. He says USA doesn’t foresee any additional costs for adding a new campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “South Alabama bringing campus to Mississippi”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau