South Alabama bringing campus to Mississippi
GAUTIER — University of South Alabama (USA) trustees are prepared to approve adding a satellite campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Gautier.
The Mobile, Ala., university board’s committee of the whole has recommended creating the campus in Gautier.
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) in Hattiesburg had a location there until August. USM then closed the classroom building, saying it would save about $200,000 annually.
USA president Gordon Moulton says Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College agreed to provide classroom and office space to USA for two years. He says USA doesn’t foresee any additional costs for adding a new campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “South Alabama bringing campus to Mississippi”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image