South Alabama bringing campus to Mississippi
GAUTIER — University of South Alabama (USA) trustees are prepared to approve adding a satellite campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Gautier.
The Mobile, Ala., university board’s committee of the whole has recommended creating the campus in Gautier.
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) in Hattiesburg had a location there until August. USM then closed the classroom building, saying it would save about $200,000 annually.
USA president Gordon Moulton says Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College agreed to provide classroom and office space to USA for two years. He says USA doesn’t foresee any additional costs for adding a new campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “South Alabama bringing campus to Mississippi”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money