South Alabama bringing campus to Mississippi
GAUTIER — University of South Alabama (USA) trustees are prepared to approve adding a satellite campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Gautier.
The Mobile, Ala., university board’s committee of the whole has recommended creating the campus in Gautier.
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) in Hattiesburg had a location there until August. USM then closed the classroom building, saying it would save about $200,000 annually.
USA president Gordon Moulton says Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College agreed to provide classroom and office space to USA for two years. He says USA doesn’t foresee any additional costs for adding a new campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “South Alabama bringing campus to Mississippi”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns