South Alabama bringing campus to Mississippi
GAUTIER — University of South Alabama (USA) trustees are prepared to approve adding a satellite campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Gautier.
The Mobile, Ala., university board’s committee of the whole has recommended creating the campus in Gautier.
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) in Hattiesburg had a location there until August. USM then closed the classroom building, saying it would save about $200,000 annually.
USA president Gordon Moulton says Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College agreed to provide classroom and office space to USA for two years. He says USA doesn’t foresee any additional costs for adding a new campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “South Alabama bringing campus to Mississippi”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast