State unveils Film Studio plans
Published: March 12,2010
CANTON — A new film studio, complete with sound stage and production office space, will be built in Canton to encourage movie production in the state.
State officials say the 39,000-square-foot facility, called The Mississippi Film Studios at Canton, could employ up to 250 workers when film production is underway.
Executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority Gray Swoope says the studio will help build infrastructure for the state’s growing film industry and attract new production.
The facility will be located in an existing building on 5.8-acres with 25 acres available for future expansion. Renovations will begin in early April and should be completed by mid-May. The studio will be managed by Los Angeles-based RoadTown Enterprises.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “State unveils Film Studio plans”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015