State unveils Film Studio plans
Published: March 12,2010
CANTON — A new film studio, complete with sound stage and production office space, will be built in Canton to encourage movie production in the state.
State officials say the 39,000-square-foot facility, called The Mississippi Film Studios at Canton, could employ up to 250 workers when film production is underway.
Executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority Gray Swoope says the studio will help build infrastructure for the state’s growing film industry and attract new production.
The facility will be located in an existing building on 5.8-acres with 25 acres available for future expansion. Renovations will begin in early April and should be completed by mid-May. The studio will be managed by Los Angeles-based RoadTown Enterprises.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “State unveils Film Studio plans”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November