State unveils Film Studio plans
Published: March 12,2010
CANTON — A new film studio, complete with sound stage and production office space, will be built in Canton to encourage movie production in the state.
State officials say the 39,000-square-foot facility, called The Mississippi Film Studios at Canton, could employ up to 250 workers when film production is underway.
Executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority Gray Swoope says the studio will help build infrastructure for the state’s growing film industry and attract new production.
The facility will be located in an existing building on 5.8-acres with 25 acres available for future expansion. Renovations will begin in early April and should be completed by mid-May. The studio will be managed by Los Angeles-based RoadTown Enterprises.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “State unveils Film Studio plans”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force