State unveils Film Studio plans
by Associated Press
Published: March 12,2010
CANTON — A new film studio, complete with sound stage and production office space, will be built in Canton to encourage movie production in the state.
State officials say the 39,000-square-foot facility, called The Mississippi Film Studios at Canton, could employ up to 250 workers when film production is underway.
Executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority Gray Swoope says the studio will help build infrastructure for the state’s growing film industry and attract new production.
The facility will be located in an existing building on 5.8-acres with 25 acres available for future expansion. Renovations will begin in early April and should be completed by mid-May. The studio will be managed by Los Angeles-based RoadTown Enterprises.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “State unveils Film Studio plans”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month
- Navy supercomputing power to grow