State unveils Film Studio plans
Published: March 12,2010
CANTON — A new film studio, complete with sound stage and production office space, will be built in Canton to encourage movie production in the state.
State officials say the 39,000-square-foot facility, called The Mississippi Film Studios at Canton, could employ up to 250 workers when film production is underway.
Executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority Gray Swoope says the studio will help build infrastructure for the state’s growing film industry and attract new production.
The facility will be located in an existing building on 5.8-acres with 25 acres available for future expansion. Renovations will begin in early April and should be completed by mid-May. The studio will be managed by Los Angeles-based RoadTown Enterprises.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “State unveils Film Studio plans”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing