American Airlines may face more fines
by Associated Press
Published: March 14,2010
DALLAS — Federal regulators are proposing more maintenance-related penalties against American Airlines.
The Federal Aviation Administration said it would fine American $787,500 for three cases of alleged maintenance problems.
In one case, regulators say the airline operated a plane without replacing a central computer on the jet. The FAA says mechanics improperly put off the maintenance.
Another case involves inadequate inspections of rudder components on some planes. In the third case, the FAA says mechanics sent a plane back into service before final steps of a thorough maintenance review were checked off as completed.
American has 30 days to respond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years