American Airlines may face more fines
Published: March 14,2010
DALLAS — Federal regulators are proposing more maintenance-related penalties against American Airlines.
The Federal Aviation Administration said it would fine American $787,500 for three cases of alleged maintenance problems.
In one case, regulators say the airline operated a plane without replacing a central computer on the jet. The FAA says mechanics improperly put off the maintenance.
Another case involves inadequate inspections of rudder components on some planes. In the third case, the FAA says mechanics sent a plane back into service before final steps of a thorough maintenance review were checked off as completed.
American has 30 days to respond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015