American Airlines may face more fines
Published: March 14,2010
DALLAS — Federal regulators are proposing more maintenance-related penalties against American Airlines.
The Federal Aviation Administration said it would fine American $787,500 for three cases of alleged maintenance problems.
In one case, regulators say the airline operated a plane without replacing a central computer on the jet. The FAA says mechanics improperly put off the maintenance.
Another case involves inadequate inspections of rudder components on some planes. In the third case, the FAA says mechanics sent a plane back into service before final steps of a thorough maintenance review were checked off as completed.
American has 30 days to respond.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center