Hancock Fabrics makes money
Published: March 14,2010
BALDWYN — Craft and fabric retailer Hancock Fabrics reports net income of $1.8 million for fiscal 2009 — its first annual profit in five years.
The company had lost $114 million over the previous four years, including $12.4 million in fiscal 2008. It came out of Chapter 11 protection from its creditors in Aug. 2008.
In a news release last week, Hancock reported net sales of $274.1 million in 2009, down from $276.4 million a year earlier. Same-store sales — considered by analysts a key measure of a retailer’s health — were up 0.2 percent compared to a 2.1 percent growth in the prior-year period.
As of Jan. 30, Hancock had 3,900 employees in 266 stores in 37 states and 300 at its headquarters in Baldwyn.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that