Pepsi buying back shares for $15B
Published: March 15,2010
PURCHASE, N.Y. — PepsiCo says it will buy back up to $15 billion shares of its common stock through June 2013.
The world’s second-biggest soft drink seller previously said today it expects to repurchase about $4.4 billion shares this year.
PepsiCo also says it’s boosting its annual dividend by 7 percent to $1.92, likely starting on June 30.
Last month PepsiCo Inc., based in Purchase, N.Y., cleared a final regulatory hurdle in its bid to buy its two biggest bottlers — Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas — allowing it to close on its $7.8 billion deal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement