Pepsi buying back shares for $15B
Published: March 15,2010
PURCHASE, N.Y. — PepsiCo says it will buy back up to $15 billion shares of its common stock through June 2013.
The world’s second-biggest soft drink seller previously said today it expects to repurchase about $4.4 billion shares this year.
PepsiCo also says it’s boosting its annual dividend by 7 percent to $1.92, likely starting on June 30.
Last month PepsiCo Inc., based in Purchase, N.Y., cleared a final regulatory hurdle in its bid to buy its two biggest bottlers — Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas — allowing it to close on its $7.8 billion deal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary