Pepsi buying back shares for $15B
by Associated Press
Published: March 15,2010
PURCHASE, N.Y. — PepsiCo says it will buy back up to $15 billion shares of its common stock through June 2013.
The world’s second-biggest soft drink seller previously said today it expects to repurchase about $4.4 billion shares this year.
PepsiCo also says it’s boosting its annual dividend by 7 percent to $1.92, likely starting on June 30.
Last month PepsiCo Inc., based in Purchase, N.Y., cleared a final regulatory hurdle in its bid to buy its two biggest bottlers — Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas — allowing it to close on its $7.8 billion deal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State