Pepsi buying back shares for $15B
Published: March 15,2010
PURCHASE, N.Y. — PepsiCo says it will buy back up to $15 billion shares of its common stock through June 2013.
The world’s second-biggest soft drink seller previously said today it expects to repurchase about $4.4 billion shares this year.
PepsiCo also says it’s boosting its annual dividend by 7 percent to $1.92, likely starting on June 30.
Last month PepsiCo Inc., based in Purchase, N.Y., cleared a final regulatory hurdle in its bid to buy its two biggest bottlers — Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas — allowing it to close on its $7.8 billion deal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'