Pepsi buying back shares for $15B
Published: March 15,2010
PURCHASE, N.Y. — PepsiCo says it will buy back up to $15 billion shares of its common stock through June 2013.
The world’s second-biggest soft drink seller previously said today it expects to repurchase about $4.4 billion shares this year.
PepsiCo also says it’s boosting its annual dividend by 7 percent to $1.92, likely starting on June 30.
Last month PepsiCo Inc., based in Purchase, N.Y., cleared a final regulatory hurdle in its bid to buy its two biggest bottlers — Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas — allowing it to close on its $7.8 billion deal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal