Couple opens class-action lawsuit against Toyota
by Associated Press
Published: March 16,2010
SEATTLE — A Seattle couple has sued Toyota, seeking to have the company take back the vehicle they just bought or reimburse them for lost value.
Dana and Douglas Eller filed the lawsuit Monday in federal court, seeking class action status on behalf of others who recently bought Toyotas.
The lawsuit claims the Ellers bought a 2009 RAV4 in September and a short time later received a recall notice and took the vehicle in for repairs. But after Toyota’s much publicized recalls for acceleration problems, they say they tried to sell the car and were told its value is 20 percent less than what it was worth less than six months ago.
Toyota Motors Sales USA in Torrance, Calif., had no comment on the lawsuit filed in Seattle.
Toyota owners have filed at least 89 class-action lawsuits that, if successful, could cost the Japanese auto giant $3 billion or more.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president resigns as investigation continues
- Unfinished Margaritaville casino to be razed
- C Spire ‘all in it’ as digital technology accelerates, expands into nearly all our lives
- MBJ BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR — Forward thinking: C Spire's Hu Meena has made the most of 2013
- C Spire to acquire communications provider
- Camellia Home Health and Hospice launches a new fleet of vehicles
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Waller wants statewide county court system
- Mike Pope named Clinton's Administrator of the Year