Couple opens class-action lawsuit against Toyota
Published: March 16,2010
SEATTLE — A Seattle couple has sued Toyota, seeking to have the company take back the vehicle they just bought or reimburse them for lost value.
Dana and Douglas Eller filed the lawsuit Monday in federal court, seeking class action status on behalf of others who recently bought Toyotas.
The lawsuit claims the Ellers bought a 2009 RAV4 in September and a short time later received a recall notice and took the vehicle in for repairs. But after Toyota’s much publicized recalls for acceleration problems, they say they tried to sell the car and were told its value is 20 percent less than what it was worth less than six months ago.
Toyota Motors Sales USA in Torrance, Calif., had no comment on the lawsuit filed in Seattle.
Toyota owners have filed at least 89 class-action lawsuits that, if successful, could cost the Japanese auto giant $3 billion or more.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Owner of former hospital given deadline