Couple opens class-action lawsuit against Toyota
by Associated Press
Published: March 16,2010
SEATTLE — A Seattle couple has sued Toyota, seeking to have the company take back the vehicle they just bought or reimburse them for lost value.
Dana and Douglas Eller filed the lawsuit Monday in federal court, seeking class action status on behalf of others who recently bought Toyotas.
The lawsuit claims the Ellers bought a 2009 RAV4 in September and a short time later received a recall notice and took the vehicle in for repairs. But after Toyota’s much publicized recalls for acceleration problems, they say they tried to sell the car and were told its value is 20 percent less than what it was worth less than six months ago.
Toyota Motors Sales USA in Torrance, Calif., had no comment on the lawsuit filed in Seattle.
Toyota owners have filed at least 89 class-action lawsuits that, if successful, could cost the Japanese auto giant $3 billion or more.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data