Couple opens class-action lawsuit against Toyota
by Associated Press
Published: March 16,2010
SEATTLE — A Seattle couple has sued Toyota, seeking to have the company take back the vehicle they just bought or reimburse them for lost value.
Dana and Douglas Eller filed the lawsuit Monday in federal court, seeking class action status on behalf of others who recently bought Toyotas.
The lawsuit claims the Ellers bought a 2009 RAV4 in September and a short time later received a recall notice and took the vehicle in for repairs. But after Toyota’s much publicized recalls for acceleration problems, they say they tried to sell the car and were told its value is 20 percent less than what it was worth less than six months ago.
Toyota Motors Sales USA in Torrance, Calif., had no comment on the lawsuit filed in Seattle.
Toyota owners have filed at least 89 class-action lawsuits that, if successful, could cost the Japanese auto giant $3 billion or more.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi