NVision earns Space Foundation certification
Published: March 18,2010
HANCOCK COUNTY — HazNet, the All Hazards Network web-based emergency management system (EMS) provided by NVision Solutions Inc. has been designated a Certified Space Technology by the Space Foundation.
HazNet combines the visual power of satellite-based geographic information systems (GIS) mapping and analysis with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mandated reporting and organizational requirements of the National Incident Management System. NVision based HazNet on lessons learned from multiple hurricane response and recoveries as well as from participation in emergency response exercises around the nation.
HazNet was developed by programmers certified in the DHS Incident Command System (ICS) and ex-military specialists who were also first responders in emergency operations centers (EOCs) along the Gulf Coast. It took more than five years of research and over 200,000 hours of operational testing to create the system, which is now an important tool for planning, response, and recovery to any sized crisis.
NASA, which supports HazNet through its Small Business Innovative Research Contracts, Dual-Use Technology Transfer Program, and Innovative Partnership Program, uses a highly customized version of the HazNet to protect the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi as part of its new EOC. NASA also purchased HazNet agency-wide to protect all major bases starting in March 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?