NVision earns Space Foundation certification
Published: March 18,2010
HANCOCK COUNTY — HazNet, the All Hazards Network web-based emergency management system (EMS) provided by NVision Solutions Inc. has been designated a Certified Space Technology by the Space Foundation.
HazNet combines the visual power of satellite-based geographic information systems (GIS) mapping and analysis with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mandated reporting and organizational requirements of the National Incident Management System. NVision based HazNet on lessons learned from multiple hurricane response and recoveries as well as from participation in emergency response exercises around the nation.
HazNet was developed by programmers certified in the DHS Incident Command System (ICS) and ex-military specialists who were also first responders in emergency operations centers (EOCs) along the Gulf Coast. It took more than five years of research and over 200,000 hours of operational testing to create the system, which is now an important tool for planning, response, and recovery to any sized crisis.
NASA, which supports HazNet through its Small Business Innovative Research Contracts, Dual-Use Technology Transfer Program, and Innovative Partnership Program, uses a highly customized version of the HazNet to protect the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi as part of its new EOC. NASA also purchased HazNet agency-wide to protect all major bases starting in March 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us