Siemens bringing 150 jobs
SOUTHAVEN — According to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) Siemens, a leading supplier of manufacturing, transportation, building and lighting systems, is locating one of its distribution operations in a 619,000-square-foot building at the Airways Distribution Center in Southaven.
The Southaven facility, which is located three miles from Memphis International Airport, will provide Siemens’ Industry Sector with a strategic location from which the company can better serve its customers. The distribution center will house electrical distribution products, controls and motors. Operations to be performed at the facility include warehousing and light assembly.
The distribution center is expected to bring approximately 150 jobs to Mississippi.
The Momentum Mississippi incentive program was utilized by MDA to assist the company with the move.
Siemens Corporation signed a 10-year leasing agreement with ING Clarion Partners and Hillwood Investment Properties for the distribution space.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Siemens bringing 150 jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues