Siemens bringing 150 jobs
SOUTHAVEN — According to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) Siemens, a leading supplier of manufacturing, transportation, building and lighting systems, is locating one of its distribution operations in a 619,000-square-foot building at the Airways Distribution Center in Southaven.
The Southaven facility, which is located three miles from Memphis International Airport, will provide Siemens’ Industry Sector with a strategic location from which the company can better serve its customers. The distribution center will house electrical distribution products, controls and motors. Operations to be performed at the facility include warehousing and light assembly.
The distribution center is expected to bring approximately 150 jobs to Mississippi.
The Momentum Mississippi incentive program was utilized by MDA to assist the company with the move.
Siemens Corporation signed a 10-year leasing agreement with ING Clarion Partners and Hillwood Investment Properties for the distribution space.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Siemens bringing 150 jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president