Siemens bringing 150 jobs
SOUTHAVEN — According to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) Siemens, a leading supplier of manufacturing, transportation, building and lighting systems, is locating one of its distribution operations in a 619,000-square-foot building at the Airways Distribution Center in Southaven.
The Southaven facility, which is located three miles from Memphis International Airport, will provide Siemens’ Industry Sector with a strategic location from which the company can better serve its customers. The distribution center will house electrical distribution products, controls and motors. Operations to be performed at the facility include warehousing and light assembly.
The distribution center is expected to bring approximately 150 jobs to Mississippi.
The Momentum Mississippi incentive program was utilized by MDA to assist the company with the move.
Siemens Corporation signed a 10-year leasing agreement with ING Clarion Partners and Hillwood Investment Properties for the distribution space.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Siemens bringing 150 jobs”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M