Siemens bringing 150 jobs
SOUTHAVEN — According to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) Siemens, a leading supplier of manufacturing, transportation, building and lighting systems, is locating one of its distribution operations in a 619,000-square-foot building at the Airways Distribution Center in Southaven.
The Southaven facility, which is located three miles from Memphis International Airport, will provide Siemens’ Industry Sector with a strategic location from which the company can better serve its customers. The distribution center will house electrical distribution products, controls and motors. Operations to be performed at the facility include warehousing and light assembly.
The distribution center is expected to bring approximately 150 jobs to Mississippi.
The Momentum Mississippi incentive program was utilized by MDA to assist the company with the move.
Siemens Corporation signed a 10-year leasing agreement with ING Clarion Partners and Hillwood Investment Properties for the distribution space.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Siemens bringing 150 jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey